32~ Dooms day!!

You are allowed to make yourself a priority. You are allowed to care of your needs before anyone else's. It's allowed to be selfish at times. It's okay to leave behind toxic friendships and hold on to vital ones. You are allowed to be at places that make you content. And most importantly, you allowed to change your mind. So don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Put yourself first. Others could wait. They always made you do so.
.

.
We pulled across the construction site. I looked at Manik. His hands had the steering wheel under his firm grip.

"Let's go....?" I asked him.

He looked over in my direction,
"I have a bad feeling about this!" He said.

"It's okay Manik...Dhruv,---" but he cut me off in the middle.

"It's not about Dhruv!" He said in an adamant tone.

"It's you!" His face tensed.

His words took me by surprise. I was caught up in various emotions. A part of me sensed a gush of relief knowing it wasn't just me with this strange feeling while the rest knew what he meant. This could be the last time I'd be seeing him or this could be a new start, a new beginning for me, him and most importantly, U-S!!

" It's time Manik..." I said , not knowing how to react to his statement before and got down from the car without another word.

He drove off to a distant. I saw him park the car and I waited for him at the entrance.

He was back in front me, in a while. He looked at me. It seemed he tried to remember what I looked like, trying to store the seconds inside his memory box.

"There's something we need to talk about when this is over." He said.

I was yet again out of words and we motioned towards the building.
.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~~
15A/9 City Junction.
Floor Two.
7 pm.

I made sure we reached before either Dhruv or Harshad reached. The adrenaline got the better side of me and we stood there hiding at a distance, with me breathing heavily with each moment.

The place was dimly lit up and was filled with odd construction aggregates. Nandini stood beside me fiddling with her dupatta. I went on to ask her to stop worrying when my ears caught footsteps. My body tensed up as an instant reflex.

"It's Dhruv" Nandini whispered.

I found him standing there with the papers I had handed over to him earlier in the morning. My fists balled up and I couldn't believe the sight in front of me. He was busy over the phone and soon enough the other made his entry.

My anger knew no bounds when I saw Harshad enter and approach Dhruv. That douche bag. They hugged like old friends. Why was Dhruv doing this?

"I can't believe his!" I whispered to myself.

"Manik....not now..." Nandini tried calming my temper, but it was too late.

They talked for a while and I saw Dhruv hand him over the papers. I looked at Nandini and sensed the assurance in her eyes.

I took in a deep breath before I made my move. It was time.
.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~

I noticed Manik slowly strolled over from behind the two. They hadn't noticed him yet until he was way to close to their presence.