7~ New sides

Standing there and watching Harshad speak was more like a nightmare. I remembered all that he said last night. I knew he was capable of anything. But how?! How do I do such things. I hated playing with emotions. But he always made me do so.

I don't know for how long they spoke and frankly I didn't catch a word. I was too busy judging my actions when suddenly I felt someone hold me by the arm. I winced in pain because of the scars that had themselves embedded on my skin and just then I caught him speak,

"Meet up soon......Nandini!" he said with a devilish grin and his voice pulled me back to reality. I looked at him with disgust on my face and decided walking out of there not even thinking for a second that, I had to answer Manik when he would ask me questions like how he knew my name? If I knew him? Etc etc.

I stopped infront of the lift not bothering to turn back and check if I had my boss following me.

My soul was burdened , bruised and bleeding. I found no place to set it down and rest. It found no peace in song or laughter. Where could my heart find refuge from itself?! Where could I go, yet leave myself behind?! I didn't know. Such questions were never answered. I was clueless about my future. It was dark I knew and I didn't have one star to shine upon it.

I pressed the lift button hurriedly and in utter frustration. It was still three floors down.

I sighed in relief as I found the lift door finally open and no sooner had I taken a step I felt myself being literally dragged into the room opposite to the lift. In the next few moments I found my self standing inside somekind of a store room I guess. My eyes took sometime to adjust with the new surroundings only to find the door of the room locked and someone standing infront of it. Guarding it.

"Sir? !" I asked but the next was a laugh and I knew who was it the that instant.

"Tum!!" I said and looked around to find other exits.

"Oh come on Nandini....tum meri office taak aayi aur mein hi tumse nahi milunga " said Harshad taking steps in my direction.

"What do you want?!" I asked taking a step back and I tripped upon something, landing directly on the dirty floor.

"You know your boss!! My friend haan!!...Manik..I want to know everything about him....official ofcourse..." he said kneeling down infront of me.

"I said a no already...." I said looking down gulping in some air.

"Come on baby......how difficult could it be!" he asked caressing my cheeks. I removed his hands from over my face and pushed backwards.

" I can't do this anymore! !...you already--"

"Uh ah !...you have to...." he cut me off in between and I found his grip on my arm.

"Harshad leave me!!" I winced in pain.

"Pura din ghar byathe tum bore nahi ho jaati!!....I'm giving you such a big task!!...and tum....anyways " he said making a sad pout and the next moment his face was as cold as ever.

"I want the report in the next one week or else....good bye amma..oops aiyye right? !"he said standing up and walked out of there.

I sat down there for a while. What would I do?! Haven't I been trusted for this job!! I should have guessed it in the first place that he had something evil in mind and that's the reason he let me work outside. I cursed myself in and out while I finally stood up and dusted myself and just then the door opened again.

~~~~~~~~~~

I watched Nandini walk out of Harshad's room and the next thing that I wanted to do was to ask Harshad how he knew her.

I turned back at him and found him half towards the door. He glanced at me, giving me a plastered smile and before I had a chance at my question thread, he opened the door and walked out of there.

What the hell was actually happening?! How did this douche bag know my P.A.'s name and why was Nandini standing like that?! Things related to Harshad always meant trouble and thus I was too determined for answers.

I too walked out of the room after a few minutes that I used to steady myself up and went on to find Nandini. I asked Harshad's P.A. if she had seen her only to get a no as an answer. I then walked towards the lift and just then found Harshad walk out of the room opposite to it and the way he nodded to my presence, I knew something was so wrong.

I didn't waste another second before I stepped into the room only to find Nandini standing there all alone inside.

"Tum yeha?..." I asked and suddenly it struck me that she and Harshad might be having some conversation in here. But wait. Why?!

"Hello?!" I asked taking a step in her direction, reminding hery presence all the more. I didnt understand where she zoned out each time.

She finally looked up from her clothes in my direction. Her expressions were not clearly visible.

"Sir app?!" she asked.

"How do you know Harshad?!" I asked without wasting another second.

She looked away.

"I'm asking you something Nandini " I spoke in vexation.

"He's just a friend!"she said and walked in my direction.

"Sir I think we should be getting back" she resumed taking in some air and walking closer towards the door that was behind me.

I looked at her strangely and I knew she was hiding things when suddenly something caught my eyes due to the light from outside that fell over her face as she stepped closer to the open door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was about to leave the room when I felt something hold on to my hand.

"Ek second ...."I heard him speak

I turned around hesitantly and found myself being pulled closer to him.

"Yeh kya hua?!" he asked touching the white bandaid that I had tried hiding with my fringes.

"Woh.....I...." I fumbled with words.

"This was not there yesterday, I clearly remember " he said looking into my eyes this time. I stared blankly at him not knowing what to say.

He raised his brows and I looked away.

"I...woh I slipped and table ke corner se laag gaya " I lied.

His face had changing expressions. I couldn't understand half of them.

"I think we should leave now..." I repeated myself and soon his grip was no more on my hand.

" Listen...if there's anything you need to share you can okay" he said.

"Yes sir...." I replied after few moments of silence, looking down and left the room.

.

.

.

I stood by the window pane and looked outside ,at the beautiful round moon that shone alone in the night sky. It was around midnight. Harshad was not back yet. And finally I had some time for myself.

I turned on the T.V. next to fill my rooms with other voices. But it was not enough. I'm was my own abyss and there was no escaping this gaze.

I had a choice to make. I could easily do what I was asked to and my aiyye would be safe. But was it right?! Was it okay to be so selfish?! Was it?!

A/N:
Okay readers I know you have lots of questions flying through your minds about the story line at the moment. This is a new concept for me and I'm trying my best to put it and I hope you guys are enjoying it too!

There's one more request like earlier, please donot DM ~ comment on the chapter itself (unless any other requests )

I hope you guys like the chapter. Keep reading. Do comment and vote.
Adios ☺