21~ Trust Denied!

"You promise to keep this low" she stated while I took the papers in my hand.

I looked down at them and was bewildered.

Those were the papers that went missing at the first place.

How did she find them? Why she?

There was something major going on that I needed to know and understand at the very moment. Things were getting messed up day by day and I had a bad feeling about what Nandini was going to tell me further.

"What are these doing with you?!" I still asked.

She kept quiet and walked inside the room,

"Nandini..I'm asking you something...." I said eyeing her and then the white sheets of paper in my hand.

"Alya had nothing to do with this!" She spoke softly standing by the mirror opposite to the bed.

"What?!" I was clueless.

"Yes...she had nothing to do with this...." she justified her statement more. She looked at herself in the mirror and took in a deep breath. I knew it then, that there was more to be revealed.

"Nandini...can you please elaborate! " I asked in frustration throwing the sheets of paper on the bed while I made my way in her direction.

"It...it was...Dhruv..." she whispered looking at me while her words baffled me further.

"What?....are you-" I tried to catechize.

"I'm not kidding out here Manik..he was the one..I found these papers under his bed..inspite of him telling that the papers were misplaced!" She went on.

"Did Alya tell you all this!" I asked, knowing the later could manipulate anyone.

"Manik....Alya covered up for Dhruv so that the friendship stays!" she said rationalizing the statements.

"And she gave up on me!..on us" I spoke in vexation.

"Maybe she thought Dhruv meant more to you....you were buddies from the very childhood right..." she continued.

I waited for a moment. I needed time. Whatever she was saying didn't make sense, atleast to me! Why Dhruv? I felt anger, rage and sorrow at the same time.

"Just because you find these papers in his room doesn't mean he is the one behind it!...It could be a set up!" I tried defending Dhruv only to loose it more,

"And just because someone told you Alya gave out the lyrics doesn't mean she did!" she shot back.

My eyes burned in anger and pain. I had given up all hope now. I had no more justifications to deliver.I tried as much as I could to stop those tears. Clutching my shirt I spoke ,

"I'll go and talk to Dhruv!"

"No...no!" she protested blocking my way.

"He has to give me an answer!...." I demanded furious, screaming and jerking her my the arm.

"Manik....he'll never give you a straight answer...!" She replied while her hands tried to free herself from my grip.

"Nandini.....I have no time for this..."

"Manik....trust me.....there is way to stop for once and for all...!" she said looking in my direction.

I left her.

"But why Dhruv!" I asked sitting down on the bed, holding my head. My world came crashing down. I had no other option but to believe Nandini and those proves she showed.