4~ Past & Future

Its was around three and half hours after which I finally stepped out of my cabin. I hadn't found Nandini there outside, when I had rushed back in, to lock myself up and neither did I find her this time.
Though I was glad she wasn't here but my luck! No wonder I cursed my luck all the damn time!

I looked around her desk when suddenly I found someone coming through. I changed my gaze from the table to the other who entered. And there she was, standing with a cookie basket in her hand.

I couldn't believe her guts! Even after all those harsh words I delivered, she still had some hope that I would apologize?! I had this urge to throw away that basket that moment but I maintained my calm somehow.

"Woh...... Cabir sir asked me to come along tomorrow..... Toh... I'll apologize.... " she said keeping her gaze on the floor as she slowly kept the basket on the table.

I bit the corner of my lips to her statement and rolled my eyes, my hands on my waist.

" You seriously think you are coming with me?! " I asked and she finally turned towards me.

"That's what Cabir--"

"You keep forgetting who your boss is Nandini! " I said smirking. She looked down. And as for me, I went on to add something more but was interrupted,

"No she doesn't! " came a third voice from behind her. I tilted my head a little to see who it was.

Alya.

"Hi Nandini" she said giving her a side hug.

"Why are you bugging her so much?!" she asked me next,turning her head in my direction.

"Whatever.... " I said looking away and decided getting some food for myself cause when Alya was here that called for the end of the discussion.

I walked past her but she held my hand. I saw Nandini stare weirdly at the touch but Alya was least bothered.

"Nandini is coming with you tomorrow..... " she said looking at me.

"Hmmmn.... " I nodded and she left my hand ,with me giving in.

I left, avoiding anymore awkwardness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched Alya leave Manik sir's hand and he gave in immediately, allowing me to come with him.

I still wondered how it was so easy for her to convince him. He seemed really stubborn in front of me and Cabir but her! Maybe they were really close.

"Don't worry okay.... You'll go with him tomorrow" I heard her speak, bringing me back to reality.

I nodded politely and turned back to the cookie basket.

"Accha Nandini..... Now the thing that I came to say.... You can't wear these Indian close their tomorrow! " she said next, scanning me from head to toe.