14~ Sweet and Solid

It was nearly plus an hour that we drove. Silence surrounded each moment as I say inside the car with him. I looked at him quite a few times hoping he would talk but not once did he turn.

He kept looking at the road, his legs pressing the accelerator ~ towards our destination.

I decided looking outside would be a better option. I rolled down the window sheets allowing the cold breeze to strike upon my face. It was July though but as night crawled in with its dark assets the weather seemed to calm down with time. The breeze soothed my scars. My skin felt cold. I looked up at the sky and noticed thunder clouds build up above us. It would rain anytime soon. I looked down at the road again. The asphalt was front and back and it kept moving with us. It kind of fascinated me to be honest.

"Pull the sheets up Nandini!" I heard him say. I turned towards him.

"I like it like this!" I whispered.

"I don't care!....just roll it up!" he snapped coldly.

"What even is your problem! " I asked, furious.

" I don't have time for this!" he said and the next thing I knew my window sheets were going up on their own.

"Fine!" I sniffled as I pushed my self deeper into the passenger seat.

I looked up at the dark clouds hovering above us. And I kept looking at them, until I dozed off.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was around 10pm that we finally pulled infront of the resort we had booked for the upcoming occasion.

ROYAL ORCHID CENTRAL
- Pune

I looked to my left at Nandini.

"Nandini!" I whispered.

"Nandini wake up!"

Not one move! Damn! Such a pain.

"NANDINI WAKE UP !" I screamed having no that option left.

"I'm sorry...it won't happen again...don't don't...." she said defending herself.

She was all startled. I found her sweating. Our of fear?! I didn't know.

"What?!" I asked pulling her back to reality.

She looked at me strangely and I could well guess she was trying to gain knowledge of her surroundings.

"It's me Manik!" I whispered as I held her by her arms.

Her eyes were red and her skin cold.

"Are you okay?!" I asked not knowing what to do.

"I...I'm fine!....I....I ummmn just....." she said looking outside and then back at me,

"Did we reach?!" she asked.

"Yes...." I said handing her the bottle of water I had inside the car.

"I...I don't need that" she said declining the offer. And with that she got down the car.