26~ Her side of the page

"And almost! " I thought to myself as I pushed the door to enter Cabir's farmhouse. I was taken by surprise to find every member of the fab five inside.

"What's going on?!" I asked looking at Cabir.

"Kuch nahi....hum..ah..hum yehan jam karne aaye hai!"

"Idhar! Why exactly? !"

"Haina!  Puch Cabir ko...hum bhi taab se yehi puch rahe hai! " Mukti added on.

"Cabir!" We all turned to him after expressing our views and issues waiting for him to speak when the door to the entrance opened again to Nandini's entry.

I rolled my eyes.

"She's here too!" Asked Dhruv while I faced Cabir back.

"I wanted us to practice here!" He repeated with different words.

"But why!"  Asked Alya.

"I...I"

"You guys have to handle both office stuff and jamming so it was my idea that you practised somewhere outside the city, I have made arrangements back at the head office...and also it's 11th already..you guys just have 3 days before the recording and quite a few songs to make.....I'm sorry I took the step on my own..." Nandini spoke.

Everyone looked at her and I sensed a relieved expression spread over Cabir's face.

"Yes....and when Nandini came and told me this...I agreed..and made the arrangements!" said Cabir next, stepping next to Nandini.

I found everyone look amongst themselves when finally after many eye contacts,

"Fine!" Gave in Mukti.

"Ya..." the others joined in too.

"Manik?" Asked Cabir.

"Do I have a say anymore....we'll start 7 sharp tomorrow!!" I said, my hands by my waist.

"Cool!" Assured Cabir.

"Abey , rooms toh batah de...!! " Mukti reminded.

"Oh haan.." he chuckled. "Girls take the ones on the first floor and we'll take the ground floor...is that okay?"

"Lekin do hi rooms hai na upar?!" I asked looking at Nandini.

"I'll share my room with her" said Alya immediately , passing a smile to Nandini and so did she. I could tell they had grown fond of one another.

"Thanks...." she responded and they all started leaving for their respective rooms.

I held Nandini's hand while moving towards mine,

"This way," I whispered. She looked at my hand and then at me. That was the usual. This is what she did everytime.

I walked towards the garden and then took a right to a dark corner. She moved with little hesitating notions.

"Manik?"

I left her hand and stood right infront of her nullifying her moves to leave.

"I want Aryaman gone by the time we return!" I said it out in an irritated tone.

"What can't you yourself tell that to him!" She asked unable to read my expressions in the darkness.

"Isn't he your friend! " I asked.

"So?"

"Listen, --"

"Ya ya...just do as I say!...why do I even expect explanations....." she said taking the words from my mouth.