22~ Square One

Q Label Head Office
10th July
8 am
Manik's cabin

I stood there at one corner of the room and watched Manik walk up and down the length of his room with an increasing pace.

"So!" he asked eyeing me while his hands reached for the steaming cup of hot coffee I had brought in a few moments back.

"So?" I asked unknowingly.

"What's the plan!" He said in vexation taking a sip.

"The plan!...ya" I said still trying to figure out the next step.

"We....I mean...you and the rest should complete making the songs...." I said still thinking.

"That's not a problem....we just have five songs to make before the recording starts!" He said keeping the cup back on the table while he motioned to sit on the chair. He rolled about the window, his back facing me.

"That's good then!" I faked an achievement.

" Are you like seriously trying to convince me the Dhruv did all this!" he asked still looking out of the giant window behind his desk after few moments of silence.

" I don't know how to convince you more!" I replied uninformed.

"....What's our next move after that!" He inervened.

"We stay low and you allow him to keep the papers and then we just follow him and caught him red handed..also I have kept the papers back at where I found them last night. " I said thinking about each word as I let them out.

"This isn't going to be that simple Nandini!" he warned me, turning his chair back in my direction.

"What do you mean...." I asked.

"Nothing....we'll get making the songs...." he said dismisisng his previous statement.

"And ya one more thing....if I am not wrong...Dhruv shall be coming to tell that he left the papers at the office itself!....you know so that he's excluded from the suspect zone !" I mentioned before I turned to leave. Time and experience had taught me things. Things to difficult to forget.

"Ya...." I heard him say I as shut the door behind my back.

Stepping outside I pulled out my cell from the bag on my table.

I sighed as the screen came to life,

"3 missed calls from Harshad...."I said nodding my head in a no.

I dialled his number still unsure of what I was about to speak,

"Hello!" I spoke while he cut the discussion just to the point.

"Do you have any news yet!" he asked.

"I...ah....I'm still...."

"What the hell you son of a..." but he stopped midway and I noticed his voice calm down.

"I....I'm...I mean...they still haven't finished with all the songs....there are still 5 left!" I spoke hoping that would relax him.

"Listen you Nandini......I want those lyrics as soon as possible...and also...I hope you are over that Alya business huh!" He taunted from the other side.

I thought about it and decided keeping low about the "Alya Matter " was a better option.

"Ya ....yes..." I replied under my breath.

"Good.....now get to work and don't disappoint me more!" he warned me and hung up the phone with a thud.

I put down the phone , back on my table and went back to my chair.