18~ Two Sides of the coin

"I tried to shed my skin.....to get rid of these scars, but those were now carved into my bones too!"
.

.

"I'm in much deep a situation than you think!"
.

.

"Yeh...Nandini..I mean..what was she even saying!" I thought sitting down on my bed.

I lay down on the bed staring at the white celing above me.

"Was I wrong?"

"But then....how do I know?!"

We are so obsessed with getting things right that we forget that it might be better if they go wrong, it might be better if we don't know it all, if we don't always do or say the right things. Maybe this is why we are heartbroken. Maybe this is why we lose people we love. Maybe this is why we make mistakes and learn that we'll never be perfect no matter how hard we try. Maybe the wrong things are not so wrong after all. Maybe be they are so right for us but we don't want to believe it. Maybe they are exactly what we need but not what we want. Maybe. Maybe.

"Why is this so difficult!" I whispered to myself as I shut my eyes and the night took in.
.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the heavy banging on the door of my room.

I sat up half asleep and eyed the clock.

"Damn ..it's just 6 in the morning! " I sighed in disbelief and got up to open the door.

I made my way consequently and opened it to find Alya standing there.

"Nandini you are still sleeping!!" She said annoyed. It's 6 in the morning so I'm obviously sleeping. Duh!

"Ya....I just..."I pretended.

"Get ready!" she spoke louder this time and shook me.

"Huh?....for What!" I asked looking outside my room and then back at her.

"The haldii starts at 8!....don't you have to get ready!!" she said waving her hands.

"Ya...I mean....."

"Do you have clothes? " she asked next.

"What?"

".....do you have proper clothes?"

"Yes...I mean...I'm carrying Indian dresses... "

"I knew it!" she said disappointed.

"No problem..I have spare clothes and it'll fit you..so there! " she said pulling out a bag from outside the room.

"Alya...it's okay...I'll wear what I have....!" I declined. But she was way to stubborn to listen to anything.

"Its Mukti's wedding and you are a part of us now....atleast from my side...so I can't afford you to look bad...and on that note...we are going shopping for you today!" she said flashing her teeth.

Well seems like somebody accepted me wholely here. I smiled and accepted the bag from her hands.

"Thanks Alya....it means a lot..." I spoke as my lips carved into a smile.

" I finally told something that was piled up within me for so long....all thanks to you Nandini!" she said and I could see her eyes swell up.

"You can count on me Alya..." I spoke with ressurance.

"I know...." she said wiping a tear front the did side of her eyes.