2~ Mr. Stubborn

One of the hardest lessons of life is letting go! Whether it is guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal. But what happens when even letting go isn't a option or perhaps you have let go a bit too much! When you realise there is nothing much to hold on to! Or rather things you were holding on to were only surreal. What happens then?!

They say life always gives us a second chance. But what if the first chance was undone?! What if we needed a time machine to fix things where the presence of a second chance ruins it all! What if there was no need of a second chance?! What if?!

"Ma'am"

I looked up from the floor with all such thoughts , as I stepped out of Manik sir's room.

"Yes?! " I asked looking at the peon who was coming in my direction.

"Woh Cabir sir ne bola tha.. Appko Saab theek se samjha dun! " he said.

"Its okay I'll manage.. " I said with a faint smile.

Just outside Manik sir's office was my seating. There was a big enough desk aligned to the wall with a desktop on it and the intercom beside it.

"Sir ne bola... Jo bhi Manik sir se milna aayenge.... Unhe pehle app se baat karni hogi... App Manik sir se puch lena aur phir hi andar jaane dena visitors ko" said the peon looking at me.

"Thik hai" I said with a smile dismissing his presence.

He nodded and I saw him disappear through the bend of the corridor.

I shifted my gaze towards the shut door of Manik sir's room as I sat down on the chair getting ready for work.

I took out the notepad from my bag and logged on to the laptop to start with. Cabir had already sent me an email and I went through to it to catch up with the happening the last few months. This was lots and the first thing that caught my eyes was the cross mark beside the Symphony industry meeting. How on earth can some one forget such an important meeting?! Companies struggle to get an appointment with them but Manik! Heights.

"Manik andar hai?! "

I looked up from the screen and casually nodded. It was Cabir.

"Cool"

~~~~~~~~~~

I mentally took a note to sue Cabir because of that assistant shit! That free space in front of my cabin was all occupied now. Yes! I was still against that job but only if I could fire her.

"Manik! "

The door to my room swung open and by its motion and precisely the by voice that called I knew it was Cabir.

"Abb kya hua! " I said taking a sip of water from the glass , my hands resting on the handle of my chair; supporting my head that was leaning on it.

He came in straight, shutting the door behind him and sat down in front of me.

"Toh!!..... " he said folding his hands on the table , with a smirk on his face.

"Toh?!" I asked keeping the glass aside.

"How's Nandini?! " he asked immediately.

"This ........ is what you came to ask?! " I said rolling my eyes.