14 - So Sick

Dana placed a hand on her chest as she coughed really badly. Then she reached out to pull a tissue paper from the box and blew her nose.

Dana felt like shit. Her head was pounding, her nose was clogged and her chest hurts so badly from all the coughing. Her medicine didn't help her in any way. The only thing that was making her feel better was Ariana's soothing voice in the background.

Sometimes played in the background as Dana closed her eyes. She focused on Ariana's angelic voice, making her slowly drift into sleep.

Just as she was about to fall into deep slumber, her phone rang, making her groan in annoyance. Dana was about to decline it, but by merely peeking with one eye, she knew she couldn't. She turned to her side, reached for her phone and answered it.

"Miss me already?" Dana said jokingly before letting out a racking cough.

"Are you alright?" Ariana asked, concern filled her voice.

"Do I sound alright?" Dana snapped as she felt her head throb. The other line was silent, making her realize what she has said.

"I'm sorry. It's just that, everything hurts right now."

"Aw, my poor baby."

Dana felt her cheeks heat up at the nickname, despite knowing it was said in a joking manner.

"Why is it that you called?"

"I was hoping you'd want to walk my dogs with me. But seeing as you-"

Another cough interrupted their conversation. "Alright, that's it. I'm coming over."

"No! I mean, you don't have to-"

"I'm coming over, and you'll be well in no time."

*✧·˚*✧·˚*✧·˚

Dana run around her room, hiding all evidence. Posters were torn down, fragrances and albums were hidden, and music blasting from her phone was changed into Harry Styles' album.

Then she received a message from the singer that she was on her way up. Dana's eyes quickly searched her room, if she had left anything to be seen. Marie and Claire were at their hometown and wouldn't be back for another month or so.

A knock on the door startled Dana. She rub her hands together before pressing them on her temple before heading towards the door. There stood beauty. It was only a few seconds when she had the chance to take it all in, before she sneezed abruptly.

"Oh, you're really sick." Ariana said, sympathy lacing her voice.

"Yup. Come right in if you're willing to inhale germs." Dana said before turning away and letting out a loud sneeze.

"That isn't really inviting." The singer replied but stepped right in anyways.

"I brought some soup and juice that will help with your cold." Ariana told her whilst placing the items down on the kitchen counter.

"Thanks. You didn't have to." Dana thanked her, feeling the popstar's concern. She didn't expect her to bring things that will help her recover. It was sweet.

"I wanted to." Ariana replied softly, looking into Dana's green orbs.

A few seconds has passed before realization hit Dana that they were staring into each other's eyes and Ariana's hand was on top of hers. Ariana noticed it as well; and she quickly pulled her hand away, making Dana frown a little bit.

"Let's go to your room so you can rest."Dana simply nodded in response before taking the soup and juice and leading the way to her bedroom. They entered the room and settled on Dana's bed.