11 - Better Left Unsaid

"I only wanna die alive! Never by the hands of a broken heart. Don't wanna hear you lie tonight, now that I've become who I really are!!!" Dana sang, attempting to hit the notes in which Ariana does the note change.

"For fuck's sake Dana! You can't sing like her!"

Dana laughed before taking out the pizza she made from the oven. She has been blasting songs by Ariana all day, prepping herself, or maybe it was because she was really excited for this concert. At the same time, she was really nervous and anxious.

She still has yet to find a way to sneak out. At first, she thought of inviting them, but then she realized, Ariana would probably want to see her after the show. Well, Dana hopes so.

Dana placed the pizza on the center of the table and sat next to Marie. Marie and Claire made a small conversation, while Dana stared at the wall across her with a fork in her hand.

"Babe, you don't need a fork to eat your pizza." Marie said, chuckling.

Dana snapped out of her thoughts, "Oh." She placed the fork down and brought the slice of pizza to her lips.

"Are you okay?" Claire asked, with her mouth full. Dana only nodded in response.

"You still owe us an explanation you know." Marie said, pointing at her friend using her pizza. Dana hummed, not knowing what to say.

"Are we your friends or not?"

Dana threw her pizza on her plate, annoyed that her friends were bugging her. "Fine. There's this girl okay!"

"And?" Marie asked in a teasing tone, which Dana rolled her eyes to.

"It's nothing really."

"Nothing? You basically flirted with her for hours! You were smiling so hard your cheeks almost fell of and you were blushing the whole time!"

"All right, all right, I like her okay!"

"But?"

"But, she's way out of my league. She has a boyfriend anyways." Dana said sadly before taking a bite from pizza.

"Well, if she wasn't into you then she wouldn't spend all those hours talking to you."

Dana rolled her eyes. "Don't get my hopes up!"

"Wow. You really like her huh? When was the last time you crushed on someone?"

There was silence for a minutes between the three friends, but Marie and Claire shared knowing glances.

"I'm going out tonight."

"No. Your nights of drinking and sleeping around is done, for now." Marie said sternly.

"I'm not going clubbing. Um, well it's not really a date. It's just a hang I guess. I don't know why I thought of it as a date. It's not a date. It's just, ugh. It's nothing really." Dana rambled, suddenly getting nervous.

Why the hell was she nervous?

"All right, heart eyes, we get it."

"What are you guys gonna do? Who is she anyways? We don't even know her name!" Claire asked, and continued to ask more questions excitedly.

Dana finally spoke up when her friends where done throwing her questions. "Look, I know, I've done so much horrible things. And I don't want her knowing that about me. Like I said she's way out of my league. It is really a surprise she is still even talking to me.

"I don't want her to know about that part of me, basically my whole life. I-I just don't want to seem like a terrible person. Although I am, but I really do like her."

Marie and Claire stared at Dana in awe and shock. It has been awhile since they've seen her this vulnerable.

"And for her identity, all you have to know is that she is a beauty." Dana smirked and winked at her friends before sticking her tongue out and taking the last bite from her pizza.

*✧·˚*✧·˚*✧·˚

"Hey, help me get dressed?"

"Of course! But it would sure help if you tell me where you are going and what you are going to do." Claire said but Dana only glared at her.

"She won't tell me all right!"

"I thought it was only a hang?" Claire replied with an eyebrow raised.

"She said she planned something. I asked and she wouldn't tell me." Dana lied as she opened Claire's closet and browsed through her clothes.

"And it's not a date?"

Dana didn't reply. Instead, she took a white blouse and held it against her chest. Claire tilted her head and shook it.

"Why do you always wear my clothes on your dates?"  

"Okay first, it's not a date. Second, I only wear yours when I want to impress beauty. And third, you have the less slutty clothes between us three."

"Then buy new ones!"

"Next time. I don't have enough time to shop today."

Claire sighed. She stood up and gestured Dana to follow her.

Dana was confused when they arrived at her room and Claire began taking out articles of clothing from Dana's closet. Claire placed the clothes on the bed. On the bed were a black off shoulder long sleeve crop top and a pair of denim ripped jeans.

"There you go! Then you can wear sneakers so that you're comfortable."

"Thank you so much!!" Dana said, throwing her arms around her friend and placing a wet kiss on her cheek.

"Okay, okay, that's enough. Go get your girl and promise me no more sleeping around if you're serious about her."

"I can't promise that!"

A/N: okay, so this is late. and i'm making this into two parts because i dont want it to be too long.

thoughts on dana's thoughts?

thoughts on dana not showing ari her terrible-ness

vote. comment. share.

xx