13 - More Than This

Dana tightly clutched her stomach as she burst into laughter. On the other hand, Ariana was laughing but no sound was coming out.

It was three in the morning and the two women have been in the studio for more than an hour now. Ariana called Dana in the middle of night, saying that she was waiting for her outside her apartment building. Despite being tired, Dana didn't refuse.

And now, they were in the studio, attempting to make music, but instead, they had tears in their eyes as result of them messing around. Ariana was doing some impressions of different people, and it came to Donald Trump. Ariana did a few lines, mocking the so called president, when she her voice suddenly switched into a southern accent and cracked at the end.

It wasn't that hilarious, but it was really early in the morning and Dana was so tired that everything was just very funny to her.

Once the two were calmed down, Ariana decided to leave the booth and sit next to Dana on the couch. Dana was taken aback when the singer suddenly engulfed her in a koala hug. Dana was grateful that Ariana had her head on her chest, therefore, she couldn't see Dana's red face.

"Thank you for keeping me company."

"No problem. It's always a pleasure. Besides, we're friends now, aren't we?" Dana replied, with a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"Of course we are. I mean, you've met my family and dogs already. So technically, you could be my wife."

"Slow down, babe. We haven't even been on a date yet. Let me take you out to dinner first." Dana joked as she found a little bit of her confidence.

"You should." Ariana responded, playing along, at least Dana thought so.

"How about tonight, well morning." Ariana said excitedly, sitting up and facing Dana.

"Are you serious?" Dana furrowed her eyebrows, confused and surprised at the popstar's spontaneity. 

"Yeah, why not?"

    *✧·˚*✧·˚*✧·˚  

Since it was too early in the morning and they weren't able to find a 24/7 restaurant that caters both of them, they decided to go back to the singer's home and cook for themselves.

"Here, taste this." Ariana said, bringing up the spoon to Dana's lips. Dana sniffed it first before opening her mouth.

"That's really good." Dana commented and nodded, causing Ariana to smile.

Ariana returned to cooking while Dana leaned against the counter and stared at the beauty in front of her. Ariana was wearing the white dangerous woman crewneck and a pair of leggings. She also had her natural hair down and was wearing minimal makeup. Seeing the singer in this state was mind blowing. Although Dana has seen a few pictures of her without makeup, it was still a bit mind blowing seeing the beauty right in front of her.

"It's done!" Ariana said excitedly before pouring their small meals into two bowls.

Once they had their meals and beverages from Starbucks awhile ago, they settled into one of the couches and to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. Now, Dana haven't watched this movie, or ever was into these kind of movies. She preferred movies in the genre of comedy. But she didn't really pay attention to it, not when she had her in her arms.

Ariana set her meal aside, wrapped her arms around Dana and leaned her head against Dana's arm. As they continued watching, Ariana scooted closer and closer to Dana, until they were cuddling comfortably. Dana was sure that her face was red the entire time. She didn't know what it was, but she also had a strange feeling, something she had never felt before.

It was very difficult to keep her eyes on the screen and not stare at her. Dana still don't believe that it was all happening. From meeting the singer at a club, to cuddling with her at her own couch, it was all so surreal. She had to make sure it wasn't some type of dream.

Dana began to stroke Ariana's hair gently. Then all she thought about was how soft her hair was. After a few minutes, Dana realized that she was probably stepping over their boundaries; so she pulled her hand away. Suddenly, Ariana grabbed her hand and looked at her. She opened her mouth once and shut it. Ariana seemed like she was about to say something. She seemed scared as well.

"Thank you, again." Ariana finally said then placed a kiss on Dana's cheek.

The kiss felt different than the other ones she has given her before. It was longer than usual, and it felt like it meant something.

Ariana placed Dana's hand back to where it was once before. Dana took this a sign to continue gently brushing her hair.

Everything felt calm, like it was just the two of them without any worries in their lives. Ariana probably had some struggles like everyone does. Dana doesn't have one at the moment, despite the fact that she wasn't acting like herself. She never does whenever she's with Ariana. She feels like a better version of herself whenever she's with her.

Dana looked at Ariana, who was now fast asleep in her arms. A smile crept into her face as she stared at her. Dana reached for the remote and turned off the the television. She carefully removed her arms around her and stood up. Then, she picked her up and headed towards the singer's bedroom. Thankfully, she was quite light since she was petite, because Dana wasn't very strong.

Once she was in the bedroom, she gently placed Ariana on her bed. She tucked her in and stared at her for a moment. When she was about leave, she heard her soft voice.

"Can you stay with me? I'll drive you home tomorrow."

"You mean, later?" Dana replied, chuckling a bit.

Ariana's eyes fluttered as she pouted. "Please?"

She was too adorable to resist. The next thing she knew, Dana was in bed next to one of her idols. Not in a sensual sense, but actual sleeping together.

Ariana pulled Dana close to her and they ended up in the same position as they were in the couch previously. And in just a few minutes, Dana's eyelids became heavy until she drifted into deep slumber.

A/N: new chapter! ain't it cute and all mushy? i had to. i feel like this story was lacking this.

not sure when im gonna uploading again but i hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

also, quite not sure of the title. i was gonna make it skinny love, but ive been rewatching and re-listening to one direction and ive been emotional for the past few weeks because of that.

thoughts?

thoughts on one direction not coming back yet when it's way past their hiatus?

thoughts on dana and ariana's little hang out?

vote. comment. share.

xx