3 - One Call Away

Waking up with a hangover was something Dana was used to by now. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't hate it. What was worse was that she needed to go to work in about two hours and you can't get rid of a hangover that fast.

Seeing that she still had two hours, she decided to go back to sleep.

"Wake up babe. You're gonna be late."

Dana groaned a rolled around her bed.

"Don't make me pour cold water on you."

"I'm up! I'm up!"

Claire handed her a glass of cold milk. Dana thanked her before dressing up and heading to work.

Dana worked in a local cafe near the university. Every morning was the busiest and the sound of the door ringing the bell and people chattering didn't help her hangover.

It came to the point that she couldn't take it anymore so she asked her co-worker to take her shift for awhile and take a break. She removed her apron and went outside for some air.

Suddenly, her phone rang. The contact had no name and usually she wouldn't answer it. But something, maybe her conscience, pushed her to press accept.

"Hello?"

"Hi." Said a dainty voice which was somehow like a whisper. Dana was confused but she swore that has heard the voice before.

"Um, who's this?"

"Oh. um..." The caller seemed hesitant. Dana was considering hanging up because she was not in the mood to deal with pranks.

"Is this Dana?" The girl from the other side of the phone asked.

"Yes. This is she."

"Dana, it's Ariana."

Everything was suddenly coming back now, the small talk, the dancing, everything.

"Oh hey! What's up?"

"Nothing really. I was bored and I wanted to talk to you." Dana blushed at the fact that Ariana fucking Grande wanted to talk to her. Ariana Grande who was her idol and ultimate crush. That's like getting the school's heartthrob to talk to you.

"Oh, do you want to hang out?" Dana nervously asked. She didn't feel as confident as last night, probably because she didn't have alcohol in her system.

"That would be great!"

Dana got excited and all flustered, until she remembered. "I have work today until three. I'm available for the rest of the day though."

"Okay. I'll check my schedule and I'll text you. I just wanted to call to make sure that it was you from last night."

"Well it's me." Dana awkwardly chuckled, still a bit nervous. Ariana giggled which made Dana's heart race. She hasn't properly met the popstar and she's already whipped.

"I'll see you later baby."

Dana's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She wasn't able to say something back for Ariana already hung up. Dana knew that she calls her fans baby, babes, loves, which only got her hopes down on being with her.

Dana knew that she was thinking way too ahead. So she lowered her expectations, headed back inside the cafe and did not think about it too much. Which didn't happen for she kept messing up orders for a certain beauty was on her mind.

"For Pete's sake, Dana you're off for the day!"

Dana was glad to get off work but at the same time she was worried because there was a higher chance of her getting fired. And she didn't want that. She shrugged it off and headed to her shared apartment with Marie and Claire.