Chapter 1

6 YEARS AGO...

It all started a few days ago when her father wouldn't let her help him build his latest invention, she got very annoyed with him and wished he would be able to feel the burn, literally. Being the ten-year-old she was she didn't realize how much this could affect someone's life. Her father went rigid and started shaking violently, before falling to the floor. When his daughter stopped what she was doing and ran to him crying and saying "I'm sorry." He looked at her in shock and realized what she had done and how dangerous she was.

Her father was beyond surprised at what his ten-year-old daughter could do. The bigger question on his mind was, "How did she get these powers?"

Present Day...

Riley woke up to her alarm at 10 o'clock in the morning, the perfect time to start the day, in her opinion. She went downstairs to get a cereal bar for breakfast since she didn't feel like making any. She went upstairs and brushed through her dirty blonde hair, putting it up in a high ponytail, then getting on her clothes for the day.

Tony Stark knocked on her door and said "Good Morning," to his daughter before going back to work down in the basement. It was a Monday morning and while most teens are at school, Riley was home with one of her only friends, her dad. She had been homeschooled since 5th grade and didn't really have the time to make friends, considering her powers, which was just another factor in this big mess.

Her pain inflicting powers didn't help her situation at all, especially if her friends somehow found out. Ever since she was 10 years old, in her basement, she had to deal with carrying this secret around. This is why she was pulled out of regular school in the first place. As much as she hated to admit it, Riley missed school. Not the waking up early and endless amounts of homework she got (even when she was 10), but the friends and all the activities she could participate in.

Luckily since 4th grade, Riley learned how to deal with her powers. She knew deep down inside her powers were meant for bad, not good, but her dad always told her that it was a good kind of bad. She never practiced her powers, she learned to embrace them and only used them when necessary.

Before she knew it, it was noon and Pepper Potts, her father's assistant had just walked in. "Hi, Riley," she said with a sweet smile.

"You're looking pretty professional today, anything big going on?" Riley commented on her pantsuit, something she wore every day, except for Casual Fridays.

"Actually, your father does have a business meeting at 1, so we have to leave soon, it should be over by three," Pepper said, checking her watch. "Tony!" she called for my father.

"Coming!" Tony said, yelling from the basement. Riley could hear her father skipping up the stairs. His hair was slightly disheveled and his hands were covered in something black, most likely tar.

"Why didn't you tell me about the business meeting?" Riley asked Tony as he was going upstairs to wash himself up.

"I didn't mention it? I thought I did," he says, before hurriedly going up the stairs, Pepper giving him a death glare for running late. There was only one reason why Tony Stark didn't tell something to his only daughter: he was working on something big. She didn't mind though because she could forgive him for not telling her about a dumb little business meeting, he has one at least once a week.

Tony comes downstairs a minute later in his suit and classical sunglasses. He kisses Riley on the head and says, "See you in a few hours, no boys-"

"No parties," Riley completes his sentence. He gives the same warning every time he goes out and she never breaks any of them. Like she knows anyone, anyways. Honestly, you would think she is a spoiled brat, but when it comes to friends, she has none.

So, Riley is left alone. She sits down on the couch, makes herself some popcorn and turns on the TV. The news is on, which isn't surprising considering that this is the only channel Tony really has time for. An article on Spider-Man was on the TV. She talked with her dad about Spider-Man before but never met him in person. No matter how much she begged, he never let her go to the Avengers Headquarters.

"This new masked figure spotted in Queens this afternoon, stopped an attempted robbery at the local bank, the police are still looking for him," the news anchor said, gesturing to a picture of Spider-Man to her right. Riley remembered when Tony had made his suit. She had walked down to the basement while he was making it and admired her father's work.

Once every week, Tony would allow her out in the city in her superhero suit and fight crime like Spider-Man did. After the article was over, she put on "Star Wars" because she hasn't seen the movies in a while.

At 3 o'clock exactly, her father arrived home with a smile on his face. "I guess the meeting went well," Riley says.

"Actually about the meeting," Tony starts. "It was about you. About sending you to school."

"Oh my gosh, are you serious?" Riley says, a smile on her face. "Why change your mind all of the sudden?"

"So, Spider-Man, now having full responsibility for the suit and over most of Queens, we need a lookout. Someone who can supervise him from up close. Well, not too close," Tony says, explaining to her. "It's not that we don't trust him, we just want to make sure he is hiding his identity well and doing the right things. We would give you the same schedule as him and there are a few rules you have to follow. So, he can't know that you know he's Spider-Man, or that you're there to keep an eye on him. The only major thing he should know about you is that you're my daughter."

"Okay," Riley says, simply. It did sound really simple. A little too easy for her liking. "So, if I have to keep an eye on him what's his real name? So this plan actually works out," she says, anxious for it already, even though it was a few weeks away.

"His name is Peter Parker," Tony said. "Enjoy your last two weeks of freedom."