A Future, and a Return

Rin’s POV:

“Hoshimi…” I whisper, blood splattering over us as it pooled over the floor, my sister’s body falling forward. “Hoshimi!!” I cried out, my eyes wide and shaking. Shima stood behind her, flicking the blood clean of his staff. “W-Why… Why?!” I yell, my anger spiking. First Nat, now Hoshimi… No. Not everyone of my family.

“I think he will like this blood. It’s nice and pure.” Shima mused, and dark flames started to envelope all of us. “There we are.” He said with a sad smile. Izumo trembled, her knees shaking and her fingers fiddling with each other.

“S-Shima...Why?!” She whimpers, her eyes wide and teary-eyed. He looked at her, and his eyes softened.  

“Izumo-chan…” He stated in a more soft voice, but it immediately hardened, as he grinned. “Why, you ask? Because Hoshimi, Nat, Koko, Konkemaru, Bon, Shiemi, Rin, Yukio. I hate them all.” He chuckles, and I take a step back, feeling the black flames lick at my back and my neck, causing me to shiver.

“W-What?” Koko whimpers, her eyes filling with tears. “B-but...you’re my...you’re my friend!” She protested meekly, her eyes hurt and pained. “N-no...please…” She closed her eyes, pinching herself. “P-please let this be a dream…” She whispered, then winced, opening her eyes.

“Koyalee, it’s not a dream.” Yukio gently took her in her arms as she started to cry. “Please don’t cry, Koyalee.” He whispered to her, holding her tightly to him.

“Are you done with your sappy moment? We only have five more minutes.” Shima looked at the two, and twirled his staff around, bored.

“What do you mean...five minutes?!” Bon could barely control his anger. Even though he did not like Hoshimi much, she was precious to Nat and he dealt with her because of the dark haired girl whom he loved.

“Oh, just five minutes until this fire consumes us all. Master commanded the demon to do this if I was found out. Even so, I was able to find out so much information…” He yawns, and examines his fingers.

“C-Consumes us?!” Koyalee squeaked, now surprised and very scared. Yukio only held her tighter, soothing and calming her.

“Yes. And the owner, which is me. The only way to stop it is to change the owner’s heart.” He only shrugged, but then got tackled in a hug by Izumo. “I-Izumo-”

“W-Why do you have to be such an asshole?!” She cried, her tears absorbed into his jacket.

“I know I’m an asshole, but-”

“But nothing!! Why do I have to love such an asshole?!” Izumo shrieks, her voice broken and hoarse as she sobbed into his shoulder. The flames flickered, and he looked down at her.

“Y-you...love me?” He whispered, confused. His cheeks flushed, and my eyes widened. I tried to stay there awkwardly, and not break out into a grin or start to cheer, whistle, and roll on the floor happily sobbing for the two newly coupled.

“Of course I do, you Baka!!” She hissed, then blushed as she looks up at him. “Please, stop being such a Baka and just come back!! Why did you do this, anyways?!” She pleaded, tugging on his sleeve and looking up at him with unshielded eyes. Never have we ever seen Izumo this vulnerable, yet this determined. By this, we all knew that she was not kidding.

She truly loved Shima.

Nat's POV: 

I gasped for breath, looking around my figure. I held my hand to the ground in front of me, seeing the sapling and the soil of Daichi’s soul. I quickly gather it in my hands, afraid that it would break if I held it too tightly. “Where...am I?” I whisper, my voice choked with tears and my chest aching. “Huh?” I see a dome, where black flames were licking at the surface, seeming like it was closing in. “What...is-” I yelp, excruciating pain exploding from my back as I fall back to my knees, light shining blindingly from somewhere behind me.

“Master!!” Yami’s voice called out behind me, and so I turned to see Yami, his scarred leg heavily bleeding. When I had first adopted him, he had a scar running down from his right hind leg to the paw of the same leg. It looked like the scar had reopened, which was normally not possible. “Master, are you alright?” He asked frantically, holding my frame down with one huge paw and licking the blood, grime, and dirt clean with his tongue.

“Y-Yami, daijoubu!!” I yelp, and squirm, trying to get him off. He only licked my face and my hairline like a mother to a kit, and I only huffed, finding a grassy plane and tucking the soil inside of the earth, placing the seed on top before filling the hole back up. There. Now you can live again. I think to myself, and smile faintly before feeling tears drip down my face to the ground. “G-Gomene, Daichi. Gomen.” I whisper to the ground, and my lips quirk up into a smile. “I’m so sorry...I didn’t...mean to…” I gasp out, then feel the earth start to tremble, a bud starting to sprout from the ground, forming a few branches.

“I-Is that your own way of responding, Onee-san?” I whisper, and smile faintly. I start to get up, and look at the fiery dome. “I’m coming, minna.” I say with a shaky voice, and start to run towards my friends who awaited me.

Izumo’s POV:

I felt tears fill my eyes as I rambled about why he was such a baka, but inside, I knew myself that I had fallen hard for this jerky asshole. “W-why do you have to be so perverted?! I-It’s disgusting...and...and…” I sniffled, and just hit his chest as I sobbed into it.

“Izumo-chan…” He stated gently, dropping the staff to wrap his arms around me. “I...I was thinking...that...if-if we had lived...then we could’ve gotten married at the end of school or something...and we could’ve had a house secluded...and our kids would run around the house while you were trying to torture-”

“I-I would not torture them!!” I protest, and glare at him blushing. He only shrugged, chuckling as he continued. I only blush, and stay quiet, listening to him.

“We would have your familiars here...and I’d make sure I wouldn’t hurt them again...ever. Never again will I hurt them. They’d take care of the kids while you were at work and I’d be a really bad at-home dad, and you’d have the familiars scold me about my bad cooking and they’d make it themselves, and so I’d just try and keep the kids from killing themselves from being such bakas like you are…” He smiles a little, and so more tears flood from my eyes as I smash my lips onto his. The fire flickered down, and it started to get weaker and weaker. He looked surprised, and then he quickly kissed me back.

“Why do I have to love a baka like you?” I whisper, and hug him tightly. The fire immediately stops, and Shima clutches his chest a little, before smiling sheepishly.

“I guess you’ll have to deal with me.” He mumbles, leaning against me. I nod, seeming decided my answer.

“I will. I’ll always deal with you. No matter what.”