Staying the Night, a Bath, and Waiting for a Friend

That Night-Nat’s POV:

I stood in front of my home, letting out a soft breath as I looked back behind me. Bon was leaning against Shima, who had a bandage down his left leg. Izumo was helped up by Shiemi, Konkemaru was in the front with Kok-Koyalee, and Rin was being helped by Yukio. I smiled softly, and gently pressed against the door of the house, sliding it sideways. Before doing so, though, I turned back at the people waiting eagerly for warmth and baths to soothe their aching frames.

“I need to warn you all of something first.” I start off softly, looking over at them. “First thing you should know, is that you do not touch any of the animals in this house. They won’t trust you before I tell them that you’re not a threat. After what had happened, they’re not very trustworthy.” I cough a little, and lean against the wall. I was the only one who had not gotten medical treatment, because I wanted to do it myself. “Second; I don’t think it’s a good idea to wander around the property. It’s really dangerous, and without guidance from someone who knows the territory, you could easily get hurt.” I let out a soft sigh. “Ready?”

When they nod, I slip the door open after Haru hops off my shoulder, and I smile a little, singing out, “Tadaima.” I slipped off my mud-caked shoes, and let out a soft breath. “Come on in, everyone.” I suggest, stifling a giggle as they see what I meant.

“Woah, look at her!” Koyalee exclaims, causing most of the animals to perk up. After I close the door, I quickly jump in front, causing them to relax.

“Come here, everyone.” I call to the animals, and so they obey, seating themselves around me. “They’re not a threat, they’re kind people, they’re my family now too. So please take care of them too now, onegai!” I dip my head, and stand up. “Now, I’ll show you where you’ll sleep.” I smile and start towards the hallway once everyone had their shoes off. “J-Just wait out here for a moment while I get the futons ready!” I blush out of embarrassment, forgetting to clean up since the last visit. I quickly swept the place, and set out four futons for the girls’ bedroom, and placed five mats in the boys’ bedroom before going back out into the living room. “A-Alright, the beds are ready so I’ll show you where you guys’ll sleep.” I smile a little, and start to guide them towards the two rooms. Helping set Bon down, I start to blush, realizing something. "R-Ryuuji?" I stuttered, my cheeks burning even more.

"Yeah?" He stumbles with his words as he says this.

"U-um...well... W-why do you not scold me when I call you Ryuuji?" I start softly, then look down, fiddling with my fingers. With a shrug, he blushes faintly.

"I don't mind much, it doesn't have much of a bad ring as when other people say it." He scratches his jaw, and seems deep in thought. I nod a little, and smile faintly as I get up, covering him with a blanket.

"Okay. Would you still like me to call you Bon?" I ask, and crouch again next to him, putting my arms on my knees. He chuckles as he shakes his head, looking up at me with a slight quirk in his lip.

"Nah. Ryuuji's fine." I nod with a soft smile, and get up, dusting myself off.

"Okay, and also, there's another thing." I blush more, blowing some hair out of my face.

"Yeah? What is it?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"W-well... After all of us take our baths, I h-have some clothes for you all to change into so I can clean up the old uniforms." I sputter, and quickly get up, turning on my heel jogging out of the room after chirping a 'See you,' and once I am out of the room, I let out a breath, my darkened cheeks starting to pale. I set the folded kimonos in front of the boys' bath room, and started back to the girls' bedroom.