Daichi and Nat, Homes, and Introduction to Satan

Rin’s POV:

Collapsing on my knees, I started to sob as I picked up the broken locket, holding it to my chest. “Onee-chan...Onee-chan...Onee-chan!!” I wail, and bawl brokenly. I feel arms wrap around me, as I look up to see Yukio with tears running down his face.

“Why...did she have to do that…” He mumbled, his frown quivering. Bon didn’t say anything, but the tears running down his face told it all. He wasn’t ready. He wasn’t ready to let her go. He could never be ready to let her go. I started to tremble, my fingers full of the soil that was on the street.

“Let’s go.” Haru’s voice interrupted my thoughts, and so I took my time to glare at her. Before lunging at her, Yukio grabbed my frame, barely able to control his own self. “I will explain what happened. However, if you don’t get your act together, what she did will have been in vain, and you all would be useless.” She growls, getting up with Yami. Tears were running down her face as she padded along, Izumo next to her. She was sniffling, and was standing next to Shima, who was still dumbfounded.

“Fine.” I mumble, then get up unsteadily, leaning on Yukio. “W-What did she do? Is she-is she not dead?!” I ask frantically, hope swelling in my chest. Bon only tightened his grip on his gun, his face dark and his eyes deep in grief. He loved her, and she to him. Everyone could see that. The past month was full of their relationship growing, but then again, it was for everyone.

“If she was dead, what do you think I would do?” Haru growled back, and rolled her eyes, if that was possible. “She’s not dead. But it’s as good as dead, the fate that she’s chosen.” She lets out a soft sigh. “Her clan is very powerful, but very flawed. They were kind people who cared for others, but sometimes in the generations, there were some who chose the path to go straight for what they thought was jackpot; defeating Satan. But doing this, going to Gehenna and defeating Satan; it’s impossible.”

“Nevertheless, each child is given a locket. That locket is filled with sacred soil; it’s like Holy water in your description, but it’s much more powerful. It holds our body and our connection to Gehenna and Assiah. When a child is ready, they are to pass a test. If they are to pass the test, they get to choose; whether or not to go after Satan and close your fate, or to continue with life, keeping that locket. Because of an incident, Nat was never able to choose her fate. Now, Nat and her cousin are fighting to the death in Gehenna.” Tears filled her eyes as a wolf trotted next to her.

“Daichi truly loves her family. She-she’s stubborn and strong-willed, and she won’t think that anyone is right. She is not her self anyways. Half of her body had been destroyed in the incident, and so in order to be able to have her body back, Satan gave her that, but instead took her heart and soul. Now, only her will and memory cling to that sliver of her heart, trying to keep her own self from disappearing into the darkness.” The wolf whined slightly, and shook his fur. “Daichi and Nat will have to strive through.” He stated softly, then looked at us with icy blue eyes.

“S-so...you’re telling us...she’s alive…” I whisper, and smile widely. “We’ll get her back!!” I grin. “We can get her back after she defeats Daichi and we can just go on! Right? R-Right?” I then bite back a whimper, seeing how their tails drooped.

“That’s the thing. She can’t.”

Nat’s POV:

I held my sword in my hand, my feet separated in a fighting stance. I stood in the middle of an arena, Daichi’s figure standing in front of me. Her smile was sinister; evil. “D-Daichi...Please...please listen to me…” I whisper, and reach out for her. “I love you...please don’t make me do this…” I whimper, and start to feel tears drip down to my chin and to the arena. I stumbled forward, then commencing in a fierce battle with my cousin.

“You’re not as rusty as you were back then.” She mused, holding her sword with two hands. “You seem more...driven. Motivated. Maybe even… caring? Protective?” She observed, then shook her head. “Nope. Doesn’t fit the picture.”

“Daichi...they’re my family. I loved them. I was only three, and you two! Do you know how much pain I felt, having to see you all die for me?!” I cry, tears spilling down like rivers. “You all are my nakama!! We stick together! We call each other’s arms our home! If we don’t have eachother, then what do we have?!” I yell to her, tears spraying over the sand.

“You’re my home, and I’m yours! We only have each other now, because our homes were destroyed. We-We can meet our homes again...together…” I whisper, and hold out my hand to her. She slowly looks at me, tears welled in her eyes.

“O-our...family…” She whispered, then I embraced her.

But, with tears, I thrusted my sword through her chest, my sword sprouting from her back. I let out a soft wail as she went slack over my frame, her figure falling to the side, her left side of her body slowly crumbling into soil. “Gomene, Daichi.” I whisper, my voice choked with tears. I heard a faint sound of applause, it growing louder as someone grew nearer. I turned, and bile crawled up my throat as I saw who it was.

“Well done~ Let’s see how much of your family you can kill.” The cerulean eyes stared into my soul, my trembling growing stronger. A familiar figure stepped out from the shadows, his hands clasping together.

“Satan.”