A New Friend, Sparring, and a New Mission

The next morning, I found myself curled into a ball, the blankets covering me like a mountain and the pillow under my head, though it was put gently and barely pillowed my cheekbone and chin. I looked up, knowing that this was not my dorm, and so I looked over at the form next to me, smiling a little seeing that it was Rin.

He was on the floor, drool dripping from his mouth and his hair was over his forehead, his eyes closed. He looked much more peaceful, much more like the Rin I knew. I got up, and heard a knock on the door. I quickly changed into a skirt and a blouse, though not exactly lining up the buttons right so they did not align with about two buttons.

“Oi! Rin, you’re late for class!” A stern voice rang through the door and to the dorm, slowly jerking Rin awake. He rubbed his head, his bed head visible.

“U-Um, yeah, I’m coming!” I try to imitate Rin, pulling on my socks sloppily.

“C’mon, we need to go! And I also need to find Nat, she has to show a new kid around.” The voice is more recognizable as he knocked on the door. I, on the other hand, was leaning against the wall trying to hop into my right boot, and slipped on a wrapper of cat food, falling on my face.

 “Oi!! You okay?!” Rin’s voice echoed through the dorm, and I blinked a few times, trying to get him to be quiet.

 “What’re you talking about, baka?! I just heard you! How many of you are in there?!” The person outside the door yelled, and I facepalmed blushing even more.

 “Nevermind, you gave me a key once.” The doorknob starts to turn, and Rin only shrugs, going back into the bathroom. When the door opened, I looked up to see the surprised face of Bon, and I let my head fall back to the floor, now embarrassed to Gehenna.

 “Oh, Nat! You left your-” I looked up to see him holding a skimpy piece of cloth and I squeaked, blushing as I tackled him, throwing it into the bathroom covering his mouth.

 “NO!! THIS ISN’T WHAT IT SEEMS!!” I yelp, and blush even more, getting up and pointing at Bon. “D-Do not tell a soul!” I try to threaten, though it wasn’t very much so.

 “I-I-I won’t.” He mumbled, his cheeks a red as he covered his eyes.

“Yosh~ Let’s go!” Rin cheered, wrapping his arms around our shoulders, and trotting out the door.

“H-Hello! I am...K-Koko! I-I turned 15 two months ago, and I-I want to become an Exorcist!!” The fiery haired girl stated with a loud, fierce voice, and I perked up slowly, recognizing that voice. I looked up to see the girl with amber orange eyes, and I flinched, my fingers trembling. It was a bad habit I had when I got nervous. “I know you!” She yelped, and pointed at me. I squeaked and balled my fists up, before standing up and slowly walking to the front of the classroom, and held out my hand to her.

“I am Nat.” I state softly, and look at her as she takes my hand, shaking it lightly before crossing her arm. “And I’m sorry.” I close my eyes, and look over at Yukio. “We’re supposed to do sparring, right?” I ask quietly, blowing a strand from my eyes, and stretch a little. “I’ll be your guide and I’ll show you your dorm soon.” I place a soft hand on her head, and smiled a little.

“Will you tell me about Shiro then?” The girl asked innocently, making me freeze. I bite my lip and nod slowly, my knees trembling. Rin’s eyes were wide, and Yukio looked uncomfortable and confused.

“Y-Yeah. I will.”

Koko smiled widely, and nodded, her hands on her hips. “Yosh~ what do we do now?” She asked with a grin, knocking everyone out of the silence.

“Well we have a sparring part, so I’ll state the pairings and you can just watch for now.” He instructs, and Koko pouts lightly before nodding. “Alright, the pairings are…”

I stood on the mat in front of Shima, who was smirking faintly. I covered my chest on instinct, causing other to laugh. I sighed and slowly let my hands go from my front, and got into a fighting position. I blushed, knowing that a skirt would not be at advantage here, and so I crouch, waiting for the whistle. When it blew, I looked at Shima, noticing how he didn’t want to hurt me.

“Do I have to hit a girl? I mean, really! It’s so ungentlemanly-”

“Shima, you’re no gentleman!” Bon protests, and rolls his eyes crossing his arms. “Jeez, even I’d attack by now.” He snorts, and leans against the wall.

When Shima finally got into what he thought was a fighting position, I had already pinned him down sitting on him with an arm behind his back. “Can we be done?” I look at Yukio, and Rin lets out a low whistle, pulling Shima up, along with me.

“Whoo! Nattie-chan’s got some power!” Shima chuckled, shaking off his arm. I looked down at my arm, to see it was burned. I frowned, and looked at Shima’s arm. He noticed my arm, and quickly took it tenderly in his hands, frowning. “C’mon, I’ll go get a gauze for ya.” He smiles and pulls me by the hand, making me yelp and blush.

“H-hey!” I squeak in surprise, almost tripping many times. I smile a little, and he sits me down on the exam chair, and holds my hand as he wraps my arm in a gauze. Shima held my hand in his, wrapping the gauze around my arm, a guilty look on his face.

"Sorry, for hurting your arm." He stated softly, and squeezed my fingers tenderly as he finished, and got up.

"Shima?" I started tentatively, not knowing whether or not I should ask this.

"Yeah?" He asked, holding my hand lightly.

"Are you contracted with a demon?" I questioned, curiosity getting the best of me. He froze, and looked over at me, slowly chuckling.

"You're a smart cookie, Nattie." He smiled and put his hands behind his head, looking at me relaxed. "Yeah, I am. So in exchange for that, you have to do something for me." He smiled cheekily, and looked over at me expectantly. I blinked in confusion, and blushed madly.

"Y-you...want me to..." I blush even more, but he only laughed, shaking his head.

"No, though at first I was thinking of it. I kinda want you to send this to Izumo." He then faltered, and shook his head. "Nevermind, I'll do it myself." He smiled lopsided, and leaned forward and stood up. "No telling anyone, Nattie-chan." He smiled at me, and ruffled my hair, trotting out of the infirmary. I nodded and blushed, before hearing a knock on the door.

"Oi, Nat! We're going to Kyoto for a mission, it's important!" A sharp voice sliced through my thoughts, and I perked up to see Shura.

"O-oh, alright. I'm coming," I called back, and started to get up, walking after her.