The Suguro Compound, and an Argument that Leads to Sadness

Rin's POV:

On the train, Nat sat in between Shima and I, Izumo sitting next to Shima and Shiemi next to me. Yukiko and Bon stood, gripping the handles and leaning against the poles, while Shura was gulping down a canned beer next to Koko and Izumo, who nudged her away from them. Nat cuddled in my shoulder, but then curled into a ball, falling asleep.

"Why does she always fall asleep?" Shiemi asked softly, frowning lightly in confusion. I chuckled, and shrugged.

"She's always been like this. When she doesn't get much sleep the night before, she can only stay awake for about 13 hours. She usually can't sleep at night because she always has nightmares, even when she was a kid." I explained, looking down at her before smiling softly. Nat looked more soft featured, her long lashed eyes closed , and her lips slightly parted with faint breaths coming from them.

“So what’re we supposed to do in Kyoto?” Konkemaru asked, his figure seated across from us, looking over at Shura, who was wiping the froth of beer from her lip, looking over at us with a bored expression.

“A gate from Gehenna had gotten breached and somethin’ about this bastard...um...what was his name? Somethin’ Suguro, I know.” Bon froze, and ooked at Shura with wide eyes.

“S-Suguro?” He sputtered, blinking a few times.

“Yeah. And Shima’s family invited us to stay with them for the time being.” She added, taking another gulp of her drink, and so I looked over at Shima, whose eyes were wide and his fingers were twitching as he shoved them in his pockets. Koko’s head was against the window, and she was humming a tune from her iPod. Shiemi was also sleeping, her head on my shoulder. My cheeks flushed faintly, and I smiled more before seeing Nat’s head lift up. Nat mumbled as she rubbed her eyes, and started to stand up, stretching.

“Mm… are we almost there?” She asked Yukio, but sighed when he shook his head.

“I’m gonna sleep.” I mumbled, leaning my head back and closing my eyes.

Bon’s POV:

Looking over at Nat, I sighed before plopping down next to the sleeping Konkemaru. Yukio had sat down in Nat’s spot, and fell fast asleep, along with the others of the team. The only ones who were awake were Nat and I. Nat still paced back and forth across the train car, biting her lip and fiddling with her fingers. “Oi, you need to sleep” I started gruffly, letting my head bump against the rattling window of the train car.

She looked over at me, and slowly nodded. “But I need to watch over you all.” She murmured, her voice weak and shaky. I raised a brow at the girl, wondering what would make her act that way.

“We’re almost there. I’ll wake you up when we get there,” I argue. “I’m not afraid to pull you down.” I threaten, my right hand fiddling with the silver loop in my ear.

After a few moments of thinking, Nat slowly nods, and sits down next to me, curling into a ball and leaning her head against the armrest, closing her eyes and wrapping herself in her coat.

“G’night.” I mumble, feeling my eyes droop until I can barely see.

“Good night, Bon.” Nat’s voice softly echoed, and I fell asleep peacefully.

Nat’s POV:

Once the train stopped, I felt a hand tentatively-almost gently- flick my forehead.

“Nat, get up.” An impatient voice commanded, another flick gifted to my forehead. I groaned, opening one eye to look up at Bon, bored and tired.

“Mm.” I grumble, getting up and stretching my back. “So we’re in Kyoto now?” I yawn, and look over at Konkemaru, who nods slowly, distant, somehow.