News (Pt.2) , and a Fear

Shima’s POV:

“Ah, so her family was killed 13 years ago on March 21st?” I ask, and frown a little, tracing my finger over the picture of the toddler that was clad in the green kimono. I looked down at my own kimono, that showed a little of my chest. It was probably one of Nat’s relative’s. It looked like the man’s by the woman’s left, who had dark brown eyes and long, dark hair that cascaded to his hips freely. It was shaggy, that complimented a young teacher look.

“Yes. So you’ve found the survivor?” The voice snuffled over the static. I nod, a slight smile on my face.

“Yes. I’ve also found something even better.”

“Oh? Besides the survivor?” I nod, and cough a little.

“I found 3 kids of Satan.” I whisper into the watch, then shut it off without hearing the commander’s response, because I heard a new voice from the darkness.

“I see you saw this part of the house. I guess I didn’t exactly hide it well enough. Did you get lost?” Nat’s soft, melodic voice echoed through the hallway, and so I nodded slowly, turning to look back at her.

“A-Ah, yeah. I-I was answering a phone call.” I sputter, then smile sheepishly. She slowly nodded, and shook out the twigs and leaves in her hair. “Did she come back?” I ask, referring to Hoshimi, but I didn’t care if she was safe or not. I had to keep an eye on all of them, no matter what. The Commander would get very mad if I got them out of my reach.   

“Uhuh. I got a phone call from Konkemaru-san.” She smiles, and holds out her hand for me. I take it with a grin, and so I let her guide me back to the main chambers of the house, a sly, wicked smile on my face that was hidden from the innocent girl in front of me.

Nat’s POV:

I looked at everyone in front of me, and smiled a little, before getting hugged tightly by Hoshimi, who had tears flooding from her eyes. “Oof!” I yelp, and smile sheepishly. “What was that-”

“Baka!” She yelled, and gently punched my shoulder. “Baka, Baka!” She stated softer against my chest, and punched my shoulder again. “It was cold out there and you two went after me...Baka, Baka!” She smiles cheekily before seeing Rin.

“Oh! Onii-san, this is Hoshimi! She is a-”

“I know what she is.”

“O-Onii-san!” I yelp, and look at him with wide eyes. He only looks to the side, as if ashamed. Yukio looks pained as he tries to reach out for his shoulder, but Rin slaps it away.

“She’s the child of-”

“Baka! So are you!” I protest, and throw my hands up into the air. The others of the group looked at us with surprise, looking back and forth between us like it was a ping pong fight. Rin and I never fought like this. This was the first time I really yelled at him before.

“I know that!! But she thinks he’s a good person! To Gehenna with that!” He roars, and tears fill his eyes. “Satan-He killed Shiro out of cold blood!” He yelled at the top of his lungs, causing me to go rigid and the room to go silent. I bit my lip, tears welling up in my eyes too. “And you-you believe that he’s a good person too-”

“Mo’i.” I mumble, tears splashing down to the floor. “Mo’i, already.” I look up at him. “Who said I thought he was a good person?” I then state louder, shaking my head, my tears spraying over the mats. “Who said I thought that the person who hurt my family was a good person?!” I then scream at him, my figure starting to tremble.

“I don’t think he’s a good person...and...and I don’t want him to hurt anyone else! But-But Hishomi-she reminds me of my past self, Rin! She-She needs a family, a friend! I needed those too, and-and you and Yukio and Shiro were kind enough to give me that. Shiro would say the same thing here with Hoshimi. She’s just like you-she’s kind, and forgiving, but the thing that she believes, is that there’s more to someone than just their blood-their status.” I state, and the hand I was holding to my chest-my right hand- sliced through the air as I moved it to my side.

“So...Onegai!” I bow my head, tears flooding from my eyes. “Onegai, Onii-san. G-Give her the family that you, Yukio, and Shiro gave to me!” I yell, and my eyes widen as I feel a pair of arms wrap tightly around my figure. I look up to see Rin, his eyes hidden by his hair. I looked up to see that his eyes were tear filled as he just held me tighter, and so I just let him, closing my eyes. “Arigatou, Onii-san, I-”

“I don’t want her to take you away from me.” He mumbled, his head buried in my hair.

“E-Eh?” I murmur, and look up at him surprised. When I looked back, the only people in the room now were Hishomi and Yukio. Hishomi had on a blue kimono with white Sakuras, the blossoms coming from the silver branches from her right side of the kimono. Yukio had on a navy blue kimono with lighter blue hems, and dark stripes on the bottom of the kimono. “What’re you-”

“It was just Yukio, you, and I. I loved those times. But when everyone else at True Cross came along, we seemed more distant… it wasn’t the same. And...and now I’m afraid that she’ll take you away, her being the sibling you’ve always loved, not Yukio and I.” He let out a soft sigh. I smile a little, and rest a hand on his head, flattening his tousled hair.

“Baka.” I scold him, and so he looks at me surprised. “Yes you, Onii-san. Baka, Baka!” I giggle, and then start to laugh. “You sure need to learn how to share. That I know you weren’t very good at.” I smile at him. “There’s enough of Onee-chan’s love to go around, especially for you three.” I smile and go on my toes, and I gently press my lips against his forehead, then bending down to Hishomi, kissing her forehead, then to Yukio’s forehead. “We’re all gonna be a family, and I’ll stay with all of you. We’ll come closer than ever!” I smile and giggle softly, putting my thumbs up.

“Yeah. Yeah!” Rin states, more confident, with a grin on his face.

“Now come on, I need to get you guys to bed.” I scold. “It’s already past 11:00, we should be in bed by now.” I chastise them, then usher them into their rooms to go to sleep.