Irrational Fear, which was the cause of a 'Catching-Up-Activity'

Nat:

Why did he try so hard? Even when I told him to leave me alone, even when I said for him to just keep away, he still bounded back, just like a boomerang. It was almost as if he was the type that would bonk you in the head when he comes back in a slamming comeback, scolding you for ever thinking he would leave. The bastard, that Rin. Why couldn’t he see that this wasn’t just us three anymore? He had other people, and I had myself. I prefered being alone, now. He didn’t understand that, and while it was kind that he at least tried to stay by me, it made me angry. Doing all of this made his classmates worry- especially that brunette Bon, though he probably wouldn’t like that- whenever he had a sulking pout on his face whenever he tried to put a conversation up and was shot down.

I was jerked out of my thoughts by a few knocks on the door, thus realizing that I was in the clothes I was in yesterday- another exhausting mission as I had accompanied Shura for more information seeking of where that badge had come from; though we both knew that it was from a creature us humans despised. Sighing a little as I pulled the articles of clothing off,  I tossed them into the hamper before stopping in front of the mirror as I was leaning to gather my uniform. There was scars tracing up my arm, the scars that littered my torso and ribs still tainted with memories of life before the Okumuras.

Hearing shuffles and whispers on the other side of the door, an involuntary chuckle came from me. There was more than one person. I would bet my lunch to Haru if it was the Kyoto trio or Shiemi and Izumo. Most likely the latter? Haru snorted, giving a look to me that screamed, ‘You better keep that bet on the table’.

“Bon, knock again! She might not have heard!” I heard Konekomaru whisper urgently to the taller boy, who snorted with frustration, knocking again with a harder fashion.

“Oi, Nat! Getcher ass up!” The delinquent appearing boy demanded, a chorus of grumbles from the other two boys singing through the walls. Rubbing the back of my head, I curse at the door internally as I start to slowly walk to the door, wondering if he’d yell at the door again if I slowed my pace. Buttoning up my blouse, I open the door with an annoyed expression, expecting to have to close the door on Rin-if he was there as well- but stopped as someone’s foot lodged itself in the doorway. Looking up, a frown distorted my face as my eyes narrowed at the group of people waiting outside of the door; the Kyoto Trio.

“Just a minute…” I mumble, opening the door with an annoyed look on my face, my bedhead full of knots and stray hairs that sprung up, defying gravity. I kick the person’s foot as gently as I could out of the way before closing the door. Pulling up my socks, I strap a few knives against the soft fabric before zipping up my boots, making sure that the weapons were concealed and not painful if I walked or ran. Sighing as my companion rubbed against my leg, I pat her head. “C’mon, Haru. We need to go.” I say quietly, scooping up the cub in my arms before starting to the door that was beaming social life and noise that I didn’t enjoy.

I open the door while adjusting my tie, and yelp when Bon pulls me to him by my tie, his fingers tying it and his cheeks a flaming red, along with mine. “W-what was that for?” I mumble, my speech as if I had my tongue in a knot. I was always used to tying my own tie- Rin couldn’t do his own, so this gesture was always reversed from me to him. Not the other way around!

He blushed even more, and scowled, crossing his arms and looking the other way. “Y-You didn’t have your tie in a knot.” He mumbled back to me, and stormed off into the direction of the classroom. I frown a little, blinking a few times before sighing.