Instructions, a Powerful Warning, and Unknown Family

Two Days Later- Nat’s POV:

I sat in between Rin and Bon, tearing my teeth into the curry bread that was in my hands. “Onii-san, Minna, we need to meet Mephisto-san for a mission request.” I say softly, my voice muffled with curry bread. Bon sighed, grabbing a napkin and wiping my mouth with it, the napkin topped with crumbs of curry bread.

“Kami, you’re like a little kid. No manners.” He mumbled, blushing as he continued to pick up tiny rolls of sushi. I blinked a few times, now finished with my lunch and still hungry. I opened my mouth, and so he looked over his shoulder to me, confused with burning cheeks. “Oi, what’re ya doing?” Noticing that I was finished with my lunch, he only rolled his eyes. “Rin, shouldn’t you give her at least a little more food?” He suggests to Rin, who only shrugs with a cheeky smile.

“I couldn’t let her get all big now, would I?” He teases, and so I quickly close my eyes, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

“Uruse!” Bon scolds, covering my ears with his hands. “Don’t listen to him, Nat. You won’t grow big for your life.” I blinked a few times, and blushed a lot, opening my mouth again. “Geez.” He slowly grabs the chopsticks, and takes a sushi with tuna in it, plopping it into my mouth. “There.” He states. “That’s all.” He continues to eat, and so I smile and rub my cheek against his shoulder in thanks before chewing on my sushi roll.

“Anyways, Minna, I suggest we get going.” Yukio pointed out, looking at his wrist that as clad in a watch under his jacket. I nod, and close my bento box before stuffing it in Rin’s bag, and I look at Bon.

“Ryuuji, can I use a coupon?” I ask, blushing faintly. He blinks a few times, confused. “T-The piggyback one-” He then picked me up, setting me on his back. I yelp and blush a lot, before smiling, snuggling my head into his shoulder.

“Arigatou.” I mumble against his shoulder, and look out towards everyone as we start towards Mephisto’s office.

“So we have to go get a sea serpent that had gone astray and is now attacking the villagers?” Rin asked curiously, cocking his head to the side. Mephisto nodded, and smirked lightly at me, causing me to blush a lot, quickly looking down. He probably heard about what I said to Amaimon; and that I considered him a friend now.

“Yes. It’s very simple, really, especially for such a high levelled person on this team.” Mephisto said suggestively, causing my cheeks to burn. “Oh! The train ride’s only about ten minutes, so you won’t need to be on for long.” He adds, handing us all train tickets. We thanked him, then quickly went out of the office. He clearly freaked all of us out. “Oh! Wait, Nat-chan.”

I nod and start to go back into the office, but someone grabs my wrist.

“If he does anything weird, call for us, okay?” I hear Bon’s reassuring voice, and so I nod, blushing as I go back into the office.  

“Now, when will you tell them about your true rank?” He asks as soon as I close the door. I shrug, and smile faintly.

“When they ask, I guess.” I state quietly, and let out a soft sigh.

“We both know that’s not true.” He points out, and so I close my eyes, letting myself calm down. “Anyways, this mission won’t be hard. It’s also about you controlling your emotions. The last time an enemy hurt your friends-” He pulls out a folder that was full of photos, every one of them from the beach where Amaimon had attacked our team. Now, the beach was destroyed on the land’s side.

There was a crater in the middle of the beach of sand, probably where I had stabbed Amaimon. The cliff by it was falling apart slowly, Rin having landed against it had destroyed it slowly from the core. “See? You don’t need to do that again. If you do, you’ll turn more into a monster than a Guardian. And you wouldn’t want that, now, would you?” He mused, a soft smirk on his face.

My lip trembled as I tried to search for words, but I couldn’t find any. When I was about to say something-anything- the door was jammed open by Hoshimi, with people behind her. She was fuming, her tail flicking from side to side. “Oh, Onee-chan!” He smiled cheekily as he gently wound her tail around his fingers, walking around her. I pulled her to me, and let out a soft growl.

“Don’t touch her.” I warned, and told Hoshimi to put her tail back under her shirt. Rin chuckled, ruffling her hair. I only shook my head, taking both of them.

“Nat?” I heard Mephisto call after me, just as I was about to exit the room.

“Yes?” I ask softly, looking over my shoulder, bored and wanting to go on the train. “Say what you need to. Otherwise we’ll miss our train.” I stated gruffly, and stretched my arms above my head.

“Watch what you say. I can change your future, and I can certainly change your past, or relive the past.” He warned, and my eyes widened as I stopped, my fingers trembling and my knees shaking. “Anyways, I wanted to say thank you. You made Amaimon seem a little more...happy? I dunno. Now you may go.” He chuckled, and ignored the fact that I was almost shaking.

“Oh! Catch.” He tosses a package, and so I catch it, tripping over my own feet. “That’s your present from me. Hope you like it.” He winks and so I blushed as I quickly closed the door, stuffing the package in my bag as I started to jog up to everyone who was waiting for me. 

“Sugoi~” Rin mumbled as he observed the huge sea serpent, that was a red scaled creature with brown eyes. “If it was fish, it’d make so much-ITE!!” He yelped as Yukio slapped the back of his neck in a scolding.

“Just focus, Nii-san! Onee-san, you ready? Nee-san?” He asked Hoshimi and I, and so we nod, stepping forward. Then, I felt a tremor and caught Hoshimi as she fell to the side, unbalanced. “Minna!” I hear Yukio call out, and then a scream was heard. I turned to see Koyalee being choked by a girl with dark hair and blue eyes, her tan skin glowing in the sunlight and her freckles that sprayed over her face were barely visible.

“Down, boy. I see we’ve found what we’re looking for.” The girl mused, a soft giggle erupting from her throat. “Master will be proud.” She smiles, and giggles a little more. “Egyn, I think you should come out now, we’ve found our prey.” She states, though when she looks at me her voice is bitter and hateful. My eyes widen, and I start to tremble.

“No...you...I saw you…” I whisper, my eyes wide and my figure trembling. “H-half of your body...had…” I shake my head, and start to get up again, and look at her. I then stand in front of everyone, Izumo being dropped and caught by Shima, who quickly got Shiemi to help her get better.

“I’ve never seen such an eyesore.” She spat, and glared insolently at me. I smiled faintly, even though it was sad and pained.

“It has been a while, huh, Cousin.”