My Love is Blind: 8

My Love is Blind: Chapter 8

"Take a chance. Because you never know how absolutely perfect something could turn out to be."

-Anonymous

*

Luc looked as if he could happily strangle me. 'I didn't say you are to be my nanny.' He announced sternly. 'I only said that-'

'You want me to look after you.' I slotted in with a grin.

His eyes narrowed. 'No. I don't need someone to look after me.' He replied heatedly. 'I just said I want someone to take over the penthouse.'

'Ah, so you want me to be the cleaning lady?' I know I sounded insulted, which unsettled Luc more. I pressed a finger to his lips when he would have argued. 'No, don't talk. I understand. So where should I start? Would you like me to scrub your bathroom?'

I pretended to struggle to get off his lap but his arms tightened around me. 'Muñequita, I don't think you really understand.'

'Now, I'm stupid?'

He cursed under his breath. 'What is wrong with you? Why are you putting words into my mouth?' He asked in exasperation. 'I didn't say you are stupid. I also didn't say I want you to be the cleaning lady. I only-' He suddenly stopped then his eyes narrowed once more. 'Are you playing with me?'

I burst into fits of giggles and he growled. 'Oh, Luc, the look on your face was priceless!' I managed to choke out in between my laughs.

'I don't like being made fun of like that.' He said icily.

Because I was feeling a little guilty, I impulsively kissed the line between his brows. 'Come on, don't be so serious all the time. You-'

'Well, isn't this a cozy scene?'

My head whirled around to find Tripp leaning against the wall. I quickly scrambled off Luc's lap and sat beside him like a guilty little girl.

'What do you want, Tripp?' Luc asked briskly.

The other man plopped down on the couch facing us. 'I just thought we could hang out, Luc. But I see you already have a new hang out buddy.' Tripp grinned at me, which increased my embarrassment.

I cleared my throat. 'Do you always hang out a lot?'

Luc nodded beside me. 'We grew up together.' He explained. 'His father was my father's right hand man.'

Ah, that explains Tripp's casualness when it comes to Luc. I thought he was being disrespectful. How silly of me.

'Then I worked for him,' Tripp continued. 'After my football dreams died.' There was only a tinge of regret in his voice when he said this. However, I felt that he was quite satisfied with his position with Luc now.

I think he would be perfect for Aunt Nic. Oh, and thinking about that...

'Where's the phone?' I asked the two men.

'There's one in your bedroom.' Luc answered for me. 'Why?'

'I need to call my aunt.'

'Her hot aunt,' Tripp sighed dreamily.

I laughed at his facial expression and glanced back at Luc. 'I'm sure by now she has read the papers. I need to explain to her about... er, our arrangement.'

He nodded again and I stood up to go back to my room. He called my name though when I was almost out of the living room. 'Lorraine?'

'Yes?' I looked at him over my shoulder.