My Love is Blind: 16

My Love is Blind: Chapter 16

“If I am not woth the wooing, then I am surely not worth the winning.”—Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

*

[Lorraine’s POV]

We were doing everything backwards. Luc and I are married but we’re just getting around to the wooing phase. Oh yes, he is wooing me.

For the past three weeks, he wined and dined me all over the world. We left the villa in Corfu two days after the wedding. Tripp and Aunt Nicole are staying there with James and Jenny for the meantime. Luc brought me to Paris, hoping to soften me up in the City of Love.

He brought me to the Eiffel Tower, the expensive designer shops and the “it” clubs. When that failed, he flew us out using his private jet to Spain. We walked around Madrid, partied for a couple of nights in Ibiza and lazed in Barcelona. Luc, with his Spanish roots, was the perfect tour guide. However, since his betrayal was still fresh in my mind, I didn’t enjoy that much.

When Luc noticed this, he immediately instructed his team to fix a flight to the Caribbean for us. We boarded his luxury “yacht”—actually, it was more like a ship. All I could see for days was endless water. Luc used this to his advantage to try to talk to me about what he did.

I was pretty much good at evading after five days of confinement. And that was when Luc finally lost it.

*

I just got out of the shower when Luc walked into the room I was using in the yacht. I raised an eyebrow at the way he banged the door shut after he entered.

‘Do you need anything?’ I asked him coolly. He glared. ‘Well, if you don’t have anything important to say—’

‘Oh, I have plenty important things to say! You just don’t want to listen.’ He retorted.

‘Because—’

‘Because you can’t help but act like the child you are!’ Luc interjected. ‘You avoid problems instead of facing it. That’s not how grownups do it for your information. I expected more from you, Lorraine. But what do they say about expectations again? Never expect anything if you don’t want to be disappointed. I forgot about that and I also forgot that I am dealing with a girl of twenty!’

I gasped. I suddenly felt as if a thousand warriors stabbed me with their daggers. ‘You—you are a real bastard.’

Luc threw up his hands. ‘Ah, name calling. How childish!’

‘How dare you!’ I was in front of him in a second, beating his chest with my fists. He didn’t try to stop me. ‘What do you expect? That I forgive you just because you’ve turned on your charm for the last three weeks? Ha, do you really think it’s that easy? You lied to me, Lucas dela Vega! You lied to me big time! And I am not a child. Just because I’m young doesn’t mean I don’t know anything about the world! Don’t treat me like a stupid, little girl who needs you to protect me or guide me. In fact to be honest, you ‘re not doing a good job being a grownup. An adult would set a good example to the ones younger than him or her. And for your information, I am not avoiding the problem because I’m scared or whatever it is that is going on your head! I don’t want to talk about it because it hurts. It pretty damn well hurts me! Don’t you realize that, you bastard? How much more selfish and conceited can you get?’

I sobbed after the last word. When my knees gave out, Luc caught me to him. He held me as I cried. I wanted to push away from him but after my tirade I couldn’t find enough strength to do so. Luc swept me up and he sat on the bed with me on his lap. He didn’t say anything. He just held me and let me cry.

I don’t know how long we stayed that way. When I finally calmed down, I tried to get out of Luc’s arms but he wouldn’t let me.

‘Querida…’ he urged me to put my head on his shoulder. ‘I’m so sorry. You don’t know how much. Please forgive me.’

I sniffled. The fight has taken its toll on me. Also, the fact that Luc said please—which he rarely did—finally got to me. I love this man. No matter what he does, I’ll always love him.

‘Lorraine?’ I felt him go tenser the longer I didn’t say anything.

I sat up to face him. ’I love you.’

He sighed with relief. ‘I love you too.’

‘You have to promise me that you won’t lie to me anymore.’

He looked at me solemnly and answered eagerly, ‘I promise.’

‘And you also have to promise me not to use my age anymore against me.’

He gave me a little satisfied smile. ‘Actually, I kind of did that on purpose.’ I raised an eyebrow. ‘Well, I knew I had to provoke you so that we can talk about this.’

I scoffed. ‘You’re really a manipulator, aren’t you?’ When he frowned, I continued. ‘But I love you anyway.’

‘Good because I can’t change my ways.’ Luc joked. ‘I’ll do anything to win you over.’

My heart swelled at the determined look on his face.

That is why at the next moment Luc and I were tumbling on the bed. We were frantically undressing, kissing and caressing each other.  

He trailed kisses from my face down my neck. ‘I missed touching you,’ He said gruffly. ‘Three weeks, querida. You made me wait for three weeks.’

I plunged my fingers into his hair as he flicked his tongue over my breast. ‘I’m sorry but... but if it’s any consolation… I missed you too.’ I moaned.

His hands wandered down to my legs and he was soon touching me there. I writhed beneath him. When I let my own hands wander down to his belly and lower, I felt his hard muscles contract.

‘Querida…’

‘Just let me touch you, Luc.’

‘But…’

I put a finger to his lips. ‘Shh.’ I continued to caress him, my hands moving up and down. He groaned. He let me do this for a while until he caught my wrist and pulled my hands above my head and he entered me in one hard trust.

‘I hope you don’t mind,’ He grinned at me.

How could I when he was moving like that inside of me?