My Love is Blind: 24

My Love is Blind: Chapter 24

"When I'm older, and my little girl asks me who my first love was, I don't want to have to pull out the old photo album, I want to be able to point across the room and say: 'He is sitting right over there.'" –Anonymous

*

“How far is she in her pregnancy?” Luc demanded while Jenny clapped her hands and said, “Doesh that mean you’re going to have a baby, Rainie?”

My doctor chuckled at my sister’s delight. “Lorraine has to drop by the hospital so that I can run some tests to determine how far along she is already. But if I were to estimate, I think she’s three months pregnant already.”

Luc’s eyes widened. When the doctor left, he sank down the bed to wrap his arm around me. “Three months? How did I not know it? How did we not know it?”

“Well, we were pretty preoccupied with other things.” Stella. Maya. I didn’t have to say their names but he got the message. His arm tightened around my shoulders.

“So, we’re goings to have a new baby brother!” James cried out excitedly. He was bouncing on the bed and when he almost fell over me, Luc gathered him with his free arm.

“Be careful, kiddo. You’ll hurt the baby if you fall over your sister.”

James immediately went still when he heard Luc’s warning. “I don’t want to hurts our baby brother.” His eyes pleaded for me to believe him.

I ruffled his hair and chucked his chin. “I know you don’t. We just have to be careful from now on when we play,” I told him. “And the baby isn’t technically your brother. Actually, we don’t even know if it’s a boy or a girl yet. But he or she will be your nephew or niece.”

The twins looked at me with confusion in their eyes.

“Or we can settle for the term brother or sister for now,” Luc said with a grin.

Jenny put her hand on my stomach. “How come we don’t know yet if it’sh a boy or a girl?”

“The doctor has to check me first at the hospital,” I replied.

“Well, can we go now? I really want to know if it’sh going to be a boy or a girl! Pleashe let it be a girl!” Jenny made a face at her twin.

“No! Nots another girl!” James cried out. He swung an arm up around Luc’s neck. “We want the baby to be a boy, don’t we, Luc?”

I looked up at my husband as I wait for him to answer James.

He smiled, kissed my forehead. “I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl. What matters is that we’re going to have a baby.”

*

Later that night, after the royal family of Sovandara gave us a celebratory dinner, Luc watched me pull the pins holding up my hair from the bed. I was facing the mirror directly across where he was lying down so that I could see him.

“A baby,” He murmured, still with a star struck expression. “We’re going to have a baby.”

“I can’t believe I had no idea I was pregnant the whole time!” I chuckled. “And when you started binging, I thought it was because of Maya.”

He got up from the bed, walked towards me and wrapped his arms from behind me. “I love you.” He kissed my neck.

I watched our reflections in the mirror. What did I do to make the heavens give me this amazingly sexy, wonderfully clever man? “I love you too.” I smiled.