My Love is Blind: 15

• Dedicated to To All My Fans, you give me hope. :)

My Love is Blind: Chapter 15

“I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.” –Captain Jack Sparrow

*

Luc straightened up from the bed too. ‘Lorraine…’

‘How long?’ I asked.

He slowly walked towards me. ‘For how long can I see? I don’t know, querida. I’m not even sure if this is temporary or what—’

‘No, Luc!’ I interrupted him. ‘I meant how long have you been lying to me?’

Luc stopped in his tracks. ‘Querida…’

I was consumed by anger. ‘Don’t querida me now, Luc! Just answer me!’

‘You are not yourself. I think we should just go to bed.’

His thinly veiled command really got on my nerves. ‘Oh, we did that already, didn’t we? We just consummated our marriage or is it a real marriage? Because all along I thought you couldn’t see and now—’

‘What the hell is wrong with you? I can see again! Aren’t you happy? Or do you want a blind husband now?’ Luc roared. I paled at that. Luc must have noticed because he suddenly tried to reach for me. ‘Lorraine, I’m so sorry. I—’

‘Don’t bother.’ I brushed away his hands and snatched up my dress from the floor. ‘The fact that you have to ask me what the hell is wrong shows just how little you understand that I’m mad because you lied to me. Not because you can see again.’

With that, I stormed out of the room.

*

I found myself walking along the beach. Luc regained his sight.

And he didn’t tell me. What does that mean? It’s a very big thing to hide from someone he married and professed to love. What motivated him to keep it a secret from me?

Right now, I’m so confused in what to believe in. If Luc lied to me about his blindness all this time maybe he is lying to me about other things too.

Like about Stella Reveron.

I’ve forgotten about her for the past weeks ever since I got busy with the wedding preparations. Now, thoughts about her are plaguing my mind.

Maybe Luc plans to keep Stella as his mistress. I mean, she is having my husband’s baby for crying out loud! Oh my word. Just the thought of that made me double over in pain.

My husband, having a baby with his ex. Or maybe not quite an ex if my suspicions are correct.

I didn’t realize I was sobbing so hard until I touched my face and found it wet.

I’ve never felt this kind of searing pain my chest before. It left me weak. But I can’t let anybody see me like this. Especially Luc. So I stood up shakily and went back to the villa. Then I realized that I can’t face my husband yet and neither can I sleep with him in the same bed and pretend that everything’s okay. So I made my way up to the room I first used when we arrived and lied down on my stomach. I didn’t bother cleaning up. I just wanted to sleep so that I can escape the pain even just for a few hours.

*

[Luc’s POV]

I spied on Lorraine from the balcony of our room. When I saw her kneel down and sob near the water’s edge, I almost ran down to gather her in my arms. But I didn’t. I knew that she needs time alone.

I shouldn’t have growled at her a while ago. My only explanation is that I lost control of myself. I thought that when she found out that I can see again, she’ll be so ecstatic. I never thought there would be an argument.

I didn’t realize that she consider it as lying. I should’ve have seen that one coming.

But I can’t dwell on should haves… I have a wife to win back again.

At that exact moment, Lorraine stood up and walked slowly towards the villa. I stepped back into the bedroom so that she wouldn’t see me. Actually, there really was no danger of her seeing me. Her head was bent down the whole time she was walking.

I sat on the bed and waited for her. When five minutes have passed and she still didn’t appear, I thought that maybe I should give her another five before I come looking her. Three minutes after that, I couldn’t wait any more so I pulled on a robe and strode out of our room. I went downstairs, thinking that maybe she was in the kitchen but found it empty. I went to the salon and it was empty too. I looked in at the entertainment room but still there were no sign of her.

I was starting to panic by the time I reach my dark office. I knew she wouldn’t be there.

Where the hell is she?  

I ran back upstairs and noticed that the door to one of the rooms was slightly open. I peeked in and there, lying on her stomach, with her arms flung over the bed, was my wife. Her face looked peaceful—though her nose was red.

I sat down at the edge of the bed and brushed the hair from her face. I love Lorraine and I would do anything for her to forgive me.

*

[Lorraine’s POV]

When I went downstairs for breakfast, Tripp and Aunt Nicole were already at the table beside the pool. Yes, Luc’s villa has a pool even if it sits close to the beach already.

I see no signs of the twins so I asked Aunt Nicole where they were. Of course I tried to modulate my voice so that they don’t get suspicious and I also covered my eyes with huge sunglasses.

‘Jenny and James are with Luc,’ Tripp said absently as he wolfed down the food on his plate.

Just then I heard the commotion behind me. When I glanced over my shoulder, I saw Jenny and James holding each of Luc’s hand. He was wearing a sunglasses and it seems as if the kids were guiding him.

‘What is going on?’ I demanded.

‘Luc can’t shee, Rainie. That’sh why Jamesh and I are ‘elping him.’ Jenny, ever helpful, replied. ‘Did you forget already that he’sh blind?’

Luc pulled down his sunglasses and gave me a sheepish smile. There and then I knew that everyone already knows that he can see again. He just got them to act this way because he’s trying to be cute. As if that could make up for what he did. As if his smile could make up for what he did.

It does not make up for what he did. No, it doesn’t—no matter how charming he may look.

*

[Luc’s POV]

I saw Lorraine’s lips twitch. I know it is still far from the forgiveness I need but it gives me hope.

Lorraine is my hope.