My Love is Blind: 6

My Love is Blind: Chapter 6

"I wish I could go back to the day I met you, and walk away."

-Anonymous

*

'Thank you?' I scoffed incredulously. 'You caused me my job! Are you insane?' I poked his shoulder with a finger.

He caught my finger in his hand. His dark head turned slightly towards me. 'Don't.' His simple warning was nothing to me.

The man was truly crazy. 'Do you think I'm scared of you? Ha! Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean you can do whatever you like!'

He laughed richly. Unconsciously, he rubbed the center of my palm with his thumb. 'I think you should be scared, señorita. As you say, I am wealthy. I can pay people if I want to get away by doing whatever I like.'

I seethed. It was a wonder smoke didn't come out of my ears. 'Well, here's a wake up call: Not everyone is as rich as you. I'm don't have Swiss bank accounts, okay? I really need that job with Faustine especially if you want to be paid for that blasted jar!'

'Vase,' he corrected smoothly. 'And didn't I tell you, you can pay without working? You can just go to bed with me.'

The cracking sound of my free hand meeting the side of his face brought a sudden silence. I inhaled sharply and stared at Luc's now red cheek.

'I-' I couldn't bring to say I'm sorry for slapping him. Instead I said, 'You deserved it.'

He immediately dropped my hand back to my lap. Luc stayed silent but his jaw clenched visibly. He fumbled for a button on his side. The glass divider went down and he muttered in Spanish to the chauffeur.

I sat back quietly, looking out the window but now really seeing anything.

I was out of line. First, I poked him. Then, I slapped him. I invaded his personal space. Added to that, he can't see so he couldn't have really defended himself.

I cringed inside. What is happening to me? I've never been a violent woman. I mean, I don't usually lose my temper easily. But with Luc...

I sighed. It was pure disaster ever since we've first met. I've turned into a klutz who manages to ruin cakes, break vases and spill cocktails on somebody else's dress.

I started when the limo halted. I looked up and realized we were in front of my apartment building in Brooklyn.

The door to my side opened. Luc's ever loyal bodyguard stood there, waiting for me to alight. I turned back to look at his boss. However, when I opened my mouth, no words came out.

Reluctantly, I cleared my throat. 'Uh, t-thanks for the ride, I guess.' I said. 'And I'm so-'

'Say no more. Just get your things.' He tersely replied.

I frowned at him. 'W-what? Why would I do that?'

'Because you're moving in with me.'

'WHAT?!' I shouted. 'No! Never!'

Luc brushed off my comments and directed his orders to the man waiting outside the open door of the car. 'Tripp, assist Ms. O'Callaghan while she's in her apartment. Just get whatever you need for the night and somebody would come back for the rest tomorrow.' He aimed his last sentence for me.

'Would what I need for the night include a chastity belt?' I snapped.

One side of his mouth twitched up. 'Just as long as you don't forget to give me the key.'

I gasped and hurriedly went out of the car. I ran into the building. I pressed the button for the elevator while Tripp followed me in a sedate pace.