I read through the email that had been sent, it was true they wanted Dad to step down and take his retirement. They had also suggested that Henry take over his position as chief constable, I whistled loud "Wow" was all I could manage to say.

Henry rubbed his jaw line as he scanned through the email again, he looked at Dad "Well, what do you make of it?"

Dad shrugged and sighed deep "If I don't accept retirement they'll just sack me and promote you... I don't have a choice in the matter"

"So?" I questioned "What does that mean now? I mean what happens now?"

"They've given a deadline" Dad pointed at the bottom of the email "January first... New year, New chief"

I nodded and took a long gulp of my coffee "I'm sure Henry will be the perfect choice to take over your position. I mean you've been working here over fifty years now, Dad"

Dad scoffed "Perfect choice"

Henry shot him a look and I stood up quickly "If you two are going to start at one another again, I'm leaving. I think it's best we all be on our way. Dad you have a job to do, Henry you need to get home and rest"

"Yeah" Henry said coolly, not taking his eyes of Dad as they gave each other an aggressive stare down "You have work to do, Dad"

Dad sniffed and slammed the laptop down, making the pair of us jump. I rubbed my eyes with my thumb and index finger. I was so fed up of the childish arguments between the pair of them. Dad bid us both a good morning before storming out the canteen, the door slamming shut behind him.

I looked at Henry, he was still sat there scowling at the door. I sighed and shook my head "You need to just try and keep a cool head, you're given Dad's job. Prove that you're just as good if not better"

He nodded and stood up "Trust me, when I get my hands on this place it will be run my way"

He patted my shoulder as he too left the canteen, I sighed and sat back down closing my eyes. I sat in silence and finished my coffee before one of the guards came in, he walked over to the coffee machine and looked at me "Mornin' Chloe, Oliver is in the dining hall"

I nodded and put my coffee cup in the bin on the way out, I was already exhausted after trying to diffuse an another potentially explosive argument between Henry and Dad. I walked out and down the corridor to the dining room, When I entered I found Oliver sat at his usual bench. I walked over and sat opposite him, He looked up and smiled at me. Small flutters jittering in the pit of my stomach. This had been going on the past week or so every time I saw him.

"Morning" I smiled back at him

He took the last spoonful of porridge he was eating before setting the bowl aside and leaning on the table top "No coffee for the caffeine addict?"

"I'm not a junkie for coffee you know" I laughed "And I already just finished one"

He laughed "I rest my case"

I shook my head at him as I laughed with him, I reached over and took his hands. This was something that happened frequently now, I enjoyed feeling the warmth of his skin, it reminded me that he was still here, still so full of life. I looked down and sighed deep, it was the first of December now. In two weeks' time it would be the anniversary of my mother's death and it also meant I had little over five months left with him. This cause a pang of sadness to fill me, I never wanted our time to come to an end. I wished I could stop it from coming and we could just continue our cell meetings for the rest of our lives.

"What's going on up there?" Oliver lightly tapped the side of my head "What's got the motors going?"

"It's December" I looked at him