09.

Another month has passed, my longing for Ashton was all but forgotten. I had another purpose to life, I had to make sure Oliver's final months were perfect. Ashton had tried to make contact with me, but all I did was pass him his belongings and collect my own. I had no intention of ever getting back with him, I had no trust and the hurt he caused me. I never wanted to be reminded of it.

Oliver and I spent every day together, talking about nothing and talking about everything. I loved it with him, I loved seeing him, I loved it when he made me laugh and I loved his smile. His smile so warm and inviting, the way he would run his hand through his brunette hair; his perfect brunette hair. He had helped me get through the hardest time after mine and Ashton's breakup, I found myself falling asleep at my office desk most nights to be woken up by Henry as he left when his shift had finished. I didn't want to be at home the first two weeks. Only stopped by every day for clothes and a shower. I was buying food from works canteen every day, sandwiches, crisps and a drink, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just didn't want to go home, there were too many memories there.

Oliver helped me, just spending time with him took my mind off the fresh heartbreak. He wouldn't speak about Ashton; he wouldn't ask me if I felt like going home yet. He would just make sure I was okay and then we would just start talking about everything. He made jokes about the fact I would fall asleep at my office desk, silly remarks at how tired I looked.

As each day went passed I found myself laughing at him a little more, smiling a little more and the pain in my chest less and less every day. After two weeks I managed to go home, Ashton was there and bombarded me with apologies and everything to try and make things better.

But it was too late, I packed his stuff and away he went. Collecting my own from his house was the hardest part, once a place where I felt safe and loved was now plagued with the memory of what I found.

And here we are a month later, I was walking into the office as normal. Excited to see Oliver as usual, It was 7 am. In the time that I had recovering from Ashton, I had brought myself a laptop at home so I wasn't typing everything up when I got to work. I carried his file on a memory stick with me. Jerry was on the desk getting ready to close his shift, I waved at him as I passed.

"Morning" I smiled

Dad had finally come through the doors, he was on the phone and sounded cross. I decided it best not to bother him, I gave him a small wave and headed off into the death row unit and to my office. I almost skipped as I headed the right direction, pulling my keys out as I reached my door.

I opened it up and slung my bag on my chair before heading straight out to the canteen for my morning coffee. Oliver would be called out for breakfast soon and I would meet him in the dining hall if he asked, which he normally does.

I entered the staff canteen to find Henry sat there with Dad, they were sat in silence as I approached them "Morning guys"

Both looked at me and smile "Morning"

They were looking at a document on Dad's laptop, I didn't try and see what it was because I didn't really have any interest. They continued to talk quietly between themselves as I headed for the coffee machine, I put the money in and made my selection and waited for it to finish. I looked over at Dad and Henry, Dad was rubbing his temples and Henry was leant over looking at the screen intently.

"What's that?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me

"Just something the governors sent over" Dad sighed "They think it's time I stepped down from my position"

"What?" the machine beeped and I grabbed the hot cup of coffee and walked over to them, I sat down beside Henry and moved the laptop so I could see the screen.