Chapter 9

(Recap)

Her screams rung in their ears as she plunged into the ocean. The host club took care of the men while Tamaki dived into the ocean after the girl.

"EMI!!!"

(Present)

Emi's world darkens as soon as she hit the cold, salty water. Tamaki shot in after her, gripping the smaller girls waist when he reached her.

He frantically swam to shore trying to keep a firm hold on Emi's fragile waist. "I-i got y-you" He choked out.

He managed to spot the rest of the host club anxiously waiting for him to return. He panted heavily as the others ran towards him to offer their help.

Tamaki gently laid Emi on the sand before he dropped himself from exhaustion. Haruhi pumped Emi's chest trying to get the young girl to breathe.

"Come on Emi" Haruhi cried, Tamaki breathed heavily waiting for the girl to take a breath of air.

Finally, that moment came, when Emi coughed up water and began breathing again. She turned to her side and racked up a cough.

Suddenly she was forced into a tight hug, she turned her head weakly spotting blond hair smothering her face.

"Why did you go alone?" He whispered his voice shaky. "I-I.." She was cut off "No you should've taken someone with you...why did you think you could've handled it alone" He backed away and shouted.

"Tamaki I think that's enough" Haruhi pushed him away and helped the trembling girl up. "Fine..but I'm not speaking with you until you apologize" He walked off.

Emi leaned on Haruhi for support and watched Tamaki's retreating back with solemn eyes. "Come one, I have a cabin waiting for us" Kyoya looked up from his book.

Mori swooped up Emi bridal style, then walked with the others to Kyoya's beach cabin. Emi fell asleep halfway there but when she awoke she was resting in a relatively large room.

"Where am I?" She looked down noticing someone has dressed her in a blue nightgown. Slipping on some slippers, Emi opened the door slowly before walking down the scary looking hallways.

She walked towards the voices that were coming from the other side of the door that she was standing next to.

Slowly opening the door she could hear Hikaru's voice clearly "We didn't even get to figure out Haruhi's fear yet" He whined. Kaoru started once his brother finished "I wonder how Emi is doing" he wondered.

On queue, Emi walked in and all 7 eyes snapped to her. Everyone but Mori and Tamaki greeted her when she sat beside Haruhi and Tamaki.

"Hey guys" She greeted softly staring down at the table. Haruhi smiled "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm ok" She returned the small smile and watched as the others ate their sushi. "Are you not hungry Emi-Chan?" Honey tilted his head cutely.

The blonde shook her head, Honey nodded his head wearily. The clash of plates started her, "I'm done" Tamaki muttered.

The blond stood up and stomped out the dining room. Her eyes glazed with sadness and regret.

"You know Emi, you really frightened us back there" Haruhi started placing her finished crab leg on the ravished pile she had.

"Yeah we were really worried Emi-Chan" Honey 'cried' leaning across the large wooden table. "Did I really?" She whispered.

The twins acknowledge her question, "Yes you did" They spoke sounding like one. Kyoya rose his head to meet her eye "But most of all, you worried Tamaki the most. He was terrified that you wouldn't make it, even stayed by your side when you slept."

Emi's mind swirled "H-he really did that?" tears pricked her eyes. "I'm sorry" Her soft voice rang throughout the quiet room.

"Thanks, but I think you're apologizing to the wrong people" Haruhi turned her head to face her while the others nodded in agreement.

Emi stood up from her seat and trailed out the dining area. Passing many doors, her mind wandered.

'Why didn't I ask where his room was'

She muffled her sigh with a squeak when a deep familiar voice startled her. "Emi? What are you doing" She whipped around to face a topless Tamaki, who was drying his wet hair with a towel.

Emi's face flushed "I-I was looking for you" Her eyes averted to the ground. "Oh...well come on then" He mumbled and walked through the door of his bedroom.

She wearily followed behind him, closing the door behind her. "You wanted me because?" Tamaki asked as he pulled on a grey shirt.

"I...I wanted to apologize.." She whispered Tamaki turned to face her "No. I'm sorry...I didn't mean to snap, it's just that...I was a-" He got cut off when Emi embraced the blonde in a warm hug.

"What!?"

"Please don't apologize" Emi mumbled in his shirt. He wrapped his arms around and sat on his bed with her on his lap.

Suddenly a crack of thunder and lightning filled the room. Emi whimpered and clung on to Tamaki, the blonde noticed the slight change in the blonde.

"Are you scared?" He asked holding her tightly and spoke with a gentle voice. Emi shook her head, remembering the times she would have to spend these days alone.

"Well don't worry, because Tamaki the hero will always be here for you" He whispered, his lips pressed against her hair.

"Always?" Emi looked up at his enchanting purple eyes. He smiled at her and held her closer when another thunder strike echoed throughout the room.

"Always"

Hope you guys enjoyed this cute chapter. And for those of you wondering about poor Haruhi, she is doing the exact same thing but instead, she is with Hikaru. Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter.

It's going to get better now, starting here. Yay!!