Chapter 4

Listen to the song below as you read if you want.

"So where do you live, Emi?" Haruhi asked her with curiosity. Emi shrugged "A little farther downtown" she answered.

"So the rich side of town?" Haruhi laughed closing her eyes. Emi looked at Haruhi with sadness, she reminded her so much of- 'No don't think about her' Emi thought.

"What's wrong?" Haruhi asked worriedly looking at Emi. She shook her head and laughed "It's nothing, you just remind me of someone I used to adore" she smiled.

"Oh, what was her name?" Haruhi asked as they kept walking "Her name was Ib" Emi responded looking down.

"Oh, what happened to her?" Haruhi put a hand on Emi's shoulder for comfort. Emi looked at her surprised then surprised Haruhi with a hug.

"You care about me even if you don't know me... I'll make sure no one damages your pure heart" she whispered, tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Don't cry Emi; we are friends so of course, I'll worry" Haruhi giggled, and so did Emi. Haruhi looked behind noticing they had reached her apartments. "I wanted to give you this before I go." Haruhi pulled out a small red rose from her bag and handed it to shocked blonde "It's my rose. Every rose get's a rose. As you can see mine is red" She laughed lightly.

Emi slowly took the rose carefully, memories flooding her brain and bringing her to tears. Haruhi's eyes widened "I didn't mean to make you cry! I'm sorry" she waved her arms frantically. The blonde's head shook "It's beautiful" She whispered caressing the plant.

Haruhi stopped her panic and looked at her with confusion "Your welcome" She smiled widely hugging Emi once more.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Haruhi tilted her head, Emi shook her head furiously. "No thank you. Get some rest; I'll see you tomorrow. Haruhi" She smiled and waved her arms goodbye.

She then watched Haruhi go into her room before she began walking away. With a sigh, she looked up at the purple and sky blue tears welling in her eyes. Her palms cradling the rose to her chest.

After a good half hour, she finally made it home. Passing the 'Don't Enter' sign and picking the locked door she entered the dark building. 'Home sweet home' She thought sadly.

She passed the many rows of paintings and sculptures before she made it to her tiny room. There in the room stood her makeshift bed, folded clothes, and lastly her music box.

Before anything she placed the rose in a vase full of water, tears dripping down her pale face. She carried it to her 'room' before setting it down on a small self. She then dressed in some night clothes before laying down in her small bed.

She took the music box, opening it. This was the only thing she had that reminded her of the betrayal from Ib and Gary. But still she didn't have the courage to hate her, and she hated that about herself.

'All I wonder is what I did wrong' she cried looking down at the silver music box in her small pale hands.

Inside of it danced a tiny girl with brown hair and red eyes. Emi laid down on her side, placing the music box beside her. She stared at the girl spun around in circles like a ballerina. Emi smiled. While it played a small chime lulling Emi to sleep.

While asleep she dreamt of her new friend whose name is Haruhi.

(Hope you enjoyed, sorry that it's short. Can you guess where she lives? Also here is the music box sound.)

What a bore. I was such a bad writer back then lol.