A Searing Blaze

"Yes you can. I know you can." Lucas said, going to hold her hands. She pulled back, pulling her hands close to her chest.

"Y-You are living proof as to why!" She whispered, fear quivered in her voice.

He took her hands once again.

"Kasai. That wasn't your fault. I was pushing you when I shouldn't have. I know you're scared, that's ok. You're allowed to me scared, but we really need you to do this or more people will get hurt." Lucas said calmly, trying to calm her down.

"B-But what if I hurt you guys?" She stuttered.

"We won't be in cavern." Angelica interrupted. "If you really think you will hurt us we will wait outside. Then we can send someone to help you out."

Kasai weakly smiled, at least she knew if she did it she wouldn't burn anyone, again. Maybe it was better this way. If she could finally do something good with these ungodly powers. She took a deep breath.

"I-I'll do it."

Lucas smiled at her, making her more sure about her decision. Angelica gave her a hug before thanking her.

Angelica took out her walkie talkie and walked off to make a call to Kelsi.

"Hey Lucas, can I ask you something?" Kasai whispered, her voice still sounded dry.

"Of course." He smiled.

"Why did you kiss Jay before? You know she's with Cole."

He sighed, Why didn't I see that this would be the question? That same feeling of pain sunk into his chest before he answered. "In that moment, I forgot. It was for stupid reasons."

"Like?" Kasai coughed.

"I wanted to know what it felt like again. To have someone close like that and I-I wanted to..." His words trailed off.

"Lucas." She said sternly, raising an eyebrow.

"I wanted to make you jealous, ok? I just wanted you to miss me, like I miss you." He shuffled his feet. "I know it wasn't right. I regret it. Angelica was right. I do throw away everyone close to me."

"Lucas..." Kasai sighed.

"I don't deserve your pity. Heh, I guess I never deserved you to begin with." He chuckled as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"It's show time." Angelica called out, she had watchful eye was on Lucas from across the tunnel. "James is ready for us."

"Kasai you have to go to the middle of the room. You might get attacked but just keeping going. Once you're there then go full blast ok?" Angelica said, explaining the plan.

"A-Alright."

She watched as everyone began to walk down the tunnel. She gasped as long black thin arms of sorts strung down and wrapped around them, pulling them up stream. Was that James? She shook her head bringing her back to the task at hand. She took Lucas's jacket off and held it tight.

Just as Lucas was about to leave she pulled his arm, making him stop. He looked towards her, she pulled his arm closer to her and kissed him before dropping his arm, she placed his jacket in his hand.

"Go." She whispered through her smile.

He smiled before running towards the water. A scarf like arm stretched down and warped around his body. It pulled him through the water suddenly, catching Lucas by surprise. The water rushed past his ears, leaving behind a bubbling sound.

He finally was pulled into the air and placed onto the ground. Lucas rolled over and coughed up the water from the sudden pull. He looked up to see everyone else had made it up too. Jay ran over to Cole, almost knocking him over. He smiled yet felt a black hole in his chest. Would an apologies even be enough? He smacked himself in the forehead.

"Don't hurt yourself too much." Deryn smirked offering out a hand to help him up.

"I'll try." He said hesitantly taking her hand. "Thanks."

"Don't go kissing me too." She laughed before walking off.

"Heh, yeah..." He muttered under his breath.

Lucas walked over to the springs, the cave was almost invisible from the surface. He peered in as best as he could. Suddenly a large roar erupted from the cavern below. Sorching lights flickered from the cave, showing itself through the water. Lucas jumped back in surprise.

Soon everyone joined him, gathered around the spring. Boiling bubbles and ash rose to the surface of the water. The flickering lights and roaring inferno last for a few more seconds before fading out. Every stood in silence for a few short seconds, though if it was out of fear or awe Lucas couldn't tell.

"I-Is it safe to get her out?" Jay asked, peering into the water.

"Doubt it. The water will be boiling, along with everything in that cavern either on fire or to hot to touch." Angelica explained.

"Problem is though, with that much magical force used at once she probably won't be conscious. Then the smoke will get to her before we can." Deryn retorted.

"Can't scarf boy get her like us?" Ian added, leaning against a neighbouring tree.

"It'd burn before it could reach her." Penny mumbled. "Maybe we could try the other entrance? Where the snow was originally?" She suggested.

"I'd be gone by now thanks to that blast. This is the only way in." Kelsi sighed. "Whatever we do we need to do it now."

Lucas stood their, staring into the water. There was no other way around it. Someone had to go in there to get her out.

"I'll go in." Angelica finally said, taking her jacket off.

"What? You'll get deep fried!" Kelsi exclaimed.

"Yeah and she'll get smoked." She snorted.

Lucas looked around as everyone began to bicker.

"Angelica." His words silenced everyone.

"It'd be better if I went in. Then she has someone close to her still around." He sighed. "It just makes sense. I'm a good swimmer, plus it's the only real way I could even mutter up a apologies that makes up for what I've done. To everyone."

"Then take this, and don't lose it." Angelica said handing him the walkie talkie on her waist.

"Lucas, think this through." Ian said cautiously. "Don't just go diving in to-"

A sizzling splash came from the spring. Spraying everyone with boiling water.

"Why do I even try, like honestly." Ian mummered to himself. "Better not die you dimwit!" He yelled into the water.