Envy

Jay shoved him back, almost knocking him into the lockers behind him. Her face was bright red, though Kasai couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or anger. Anger.

Oh no Cole.

Kasai didn't hesitate to bolt down the stairs, falling on her way. She picked herself up and hesitantly looked over at Cole. In the corner of her eye she saw Ian's face had met the floor again. She pulled her eyes from the hilarious sight and back onto Cole.

Items were floating across the room, shaking furiously. Kasai scanned the room quickly before spirinting over to him, leaping around tables and benches.

"Cole!" She called out, though her words met deaf ears. She called again before being knocked to the floor after being hit in the gut by a passing bench. She took a moment to catch her breath before stumbling to her feet.

Kasai yelled his name again as she stood in front of him. She pulled his leg as hard as she could, he fell off the ladder he was on, breaking his concentration. The tables and benches around them that were previously floating crashed to the ground in an instant. Kasai broke his fall as he landed on top of her.

Kasai heard a few faint cries but she ignored them and tried to push Cole off her.

"Cole, are you ok?" She stammered, slightly out of breath.

He grunted in response.

"You were acting like how you described with Taylor." His attention flickered like a flame from Kasai's cries and the balcony.

"D-Did they really-?" Cole stammered.

"Lucas kissed her, but-"

"Cole are you ok?!" They both looked over to the stairs, Jay was running down to them. She knelt down and went to touch Cole but he hit her hand away. Kasai was shocked, she looked back up at Jay, she was starting to quiver.

"C-Cole...?" She whispered, voice trembling. He walked away without another word.

"Jay are you alright?" Kasai asked calmly, pulling her in for a hug.

"W-What just...? Is he m-mad at me?" Tears were starting to form in the corners of her eye.

Kasai gently shushed her, rubbing her back. "He- we, saw what Lucas did. Though he didn't see all of it." Kasai sighed. She looked up briefly and saw Lucas on the stairs, looking down at them.

Kasai bared her teeth at him briefly before remembering she was currently hugging Jay. Not wanting to burn her she pulled back.

"I-I didn't know he would- that he even liked me." Her lip quivered.

"Shh I know. Cole doesn't know that yet. I'm going to go talk to him, come take my hand." Kasai stood up slowly and put out a hand for Jay.

"Hey! She wasn't even hurt do I not get a hand?!" Ian exclaimed, rolling onto his side.

Kasai and Jay faintly heard Lucas laughed before speaking to him as they walked away, following where they saw Cole go off to.

They walked into an abandoned classroom, a few chairs had been thrown across the room in anger. Their eyes fell on Cole sitting at the front of the class, furthest away from the door. Kasai felt Jay's hand squeeze tighter on hers. She turned back to her and reassuringly smiled before guiding her though the rubble to Cole.

His arms were folded onto his desk, his head buried in them. Any part of his face you could've seen had been draped over by his black hair that faded into blue. His back was rising and falling quickly, faint whimpering could be heard from him, though Kasai doubted Jay could hear it.

"Cole."

"Cole look at me."

He growled at her.

"Fine, don't. Just listen." She said calmly. "I know you saw what happened, but you didn't see all of it.

"I saw enough." He mumbled through his arms.

"No you didn't." Kasai glanced back over at Jay. Her other hand was gripping her sides tightly. She sighed before returning her attention to Cole.

"Lucas kissed her, she didn't kiss him back. She even pushed him away straight after once she realised." She let go of Jay's hand and knelt down to Cole's level.

"Do you really think she would do that?" Kasai asked softly. "Look at her."

A glimpse of a teary brown eye glance through his eye over at Jay. One hand was muffling her own weeping. The other was digging into her side, almost painfully.

"I'm going to leave ok? I need to explain to Kelsi why there's a bit of a, mess, in there now. You two need to talk or hug it out ok?" Kasai asked, she got a brief nod from Jay. "Come back out when your ready."

Kasai headed for the door, softly closing it on her way out. She chuckled as she saw Kelsi just staring at the chaos which was the mess hall. Kasai walked over to her and leaned on her shoulder.

"Well now I guess it's really a mess hall eh?" She chuckled.

"I hate you." She sighed. "Now what happened." Kelsi turned her head to her, almost hitting Kasai with her antlers.

Kasai patted her back, "I'll tell you when you're older." She said as she walked away.

"I'm older than you!!" Kelsi yelled out, chasing after her.

Kasai smiled to herself before looking over at the classroom she had just left.

"Hey Kasai." She snapped her attention to voice in front of her. She looked up to see Lucas standing a head taller than her. Smiling as if he wasn't the cause of all this.

"So should I start with the hands again or maybe just that smart-ass face of yours?"