Beaten and Bruised

"Kasai!" Lucas exclaimed, he peered through the bars.

She was sitting in the back corner, slumped back, gripping her sides. Her jacket was missing which would explain the shivering. She had a small flame in front of her, one of her own creation he presumed.

"Kasai turn into a werewolf for warmth." He called out.

"I can't. It takes a lot of strength, which I don't have. Who are you?" Her voice was dry and cracked.

"It's Lucas, I'm going to get you out ok?"

"What about Cole and Ian?" Hesitation filled her voice.

"Don't worry Angelica is on it."

"Angelica is here?! What the hell?!" She suddenly grunted, falling back onto the stone behind her.

"You ok?" He squinted, the flame was going out.

"Just get me out of here Lucas!" She cried out.

He turned to the door. The padlock required a four number long sequence. Crap. He fiddled around with it, This is pointless. He scans the tunnel once again. Bingo. He winces at the cold as he grips his hand around a stalagmite. He pulls it tight, in an attempt to snap it from the ground.

After a few goes he's knocked across the room as it finally snapped. He arms ached from the cold and from the strength required, at least it was done.

"Are you alright?" Kasai's quivering voice called.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lucas said, picking up the chunk he had snapped off.

He lodged the sharp end in between the shackle and body of the padlock. Then he pulled on it with all the force he had left, snapping the padlock clean off. He carefully took out the remaining parts of the shackle before swinging the door open.

Lucas ran over to Kasai and instantly put his jacket over her. She looked terrible, he didn't even know if she could move.

"Kasai can you walk?" He asked.

"Maybe, can you help me up?"

Jay moved around the joysticks, diving into the right cave. She watched the small screen on her controller as she navigated through the dark tunnel. Angelica suddenly showed up, running down the tunnel just below her.

"Guys I found Angelica!" She called out, they gathered round Jay.

"Could you broadcast that to the TV?" Penny asked, squinting at the small screen.

"A-Actually I think I-I can." She stammered, realising everyone was staring at her.

Jay plugged in the USB cord into a computer in the library before streaming it onto the class TV. She returned her attention back to the controller. She zipped around the finally curve, trying to catch back up to Angelica.

Then she saw it. A wall of iron bars stood before them, a large door with a padlock stood as the only entry point. Jay hovered closer, when she saw what was inside she almost dropped the controller.

Ian was sitting against the wall, he was a mess. Covered in dirt and snow, his jacket was gone and she could see a few bruises on just his face alone. Cole was propped up on the back wall. He too was missing his jumper, he seemed almost in a sleep like state. Jay felt a tear slip onto her hand as she stared into the screen.

She hovered back down to where Angelica was. She was fiddling around in her hair, she pulled out something that kind of looked like a strange scalpel mixed with a bobby pin. She watched as she turned over the padlock to it's side. Revealing the master key hole. Angelica moved the tool inside the padlock. She grinned before pulling down on the lock.

Angelica swung the door open, Ian ran up to her giving her a hug. Almost bringing him to tears. They went over to Cole and picked him up together. He still seemed half asleep but slightly walked along with them as they helped him walked back down the tunnel.

"Good they're safe. What about Lucas and Kasai?" Kelsi asked optimistically. She was filled with hope considering the boys were safe. Well they weren't in the best shape, but it was better than dead.

"O-Oh sure." Jay said, flying back around to the other tunnel.

They didn't have to fly far to see Lucas carrying Kasai to the exit. She was way worse then the boys were. She was curled over, hugging her sides in pain. Lucas had given her his jacket, so her jacket must've been missing too.

"Guys, James noticed a problem." Deryn said, worry filling her voice.

"What?" Kelsi sharply turned to her, starting to panic.

"They do not look in shape enough to swim up there."

Jay felt her heart sink. She grabbed the bag next to her and snatched the walkie talkie from Kelsi and began to run to the stairs. She heard the others calling her name but she didn't respond. She slammed open the final door, the roof top.

Jay walked to the edge of the roof and faced backwards.

She slowly let herself fall.