Down with the Pack

"Wait so I have to go with t-them?"Jay asked, gripping onto Cole's arm tighter. "I-I don't even know them."

"It'll be fine. Kelsi and Lucas will with you. Right Cole?" Kasai said reassuringly.

"It's not them I'm worried about." He muttered under his breath. "If you need me just yell ok? I'll be there before you can even say my whole name." He smiled kissing her on the forehead.

"Can you guys stop being so cute you'll kill me." Kasai said smiling warmly.

"Whoops." Cole grinned. Jay's face was bright red with a pouty face. He laughed before gently pushing her forward towards Kelsi. They watched as the six of them walked off into the mess hall.

"Alright. Ready?" Kasai asked, ready to transform.

"Wait." Cole said putting his hand on Kasai's shoulder. "Thanks for stopping me before I did something I would regret earlier." He sighed.

"Don't worry about it. We're a pack now aren't we?" She smiled before transforming.

Cole smirked to himself before transforming too. They began to dig at the snow, furiously flinging snow behind them. Kasai almost got lost in the task, so focused, so much so she almost didn't notice the sudden pull at one of her paws.

She yelped out grabbing Cole's attention. He began to grovel at the spot Kasai's paw was. It seemed as if the snow just kept piling back on top of it. Kasai howled out, flinging her head back.

Suddenly something pulled back at Cole's neck he was flung back into the wall. Even with a snowy cushion to land on the constant pulling on his throat ached. Kasai frantically howled out again, desperately hoping someone would arrive before it was too late.

"Guys?!" Cole saw Jay run into the room. She gasped at the sight of them drowning in snow. Cole's face was almost completely buried in the snow, only his legs and tail were still completely out. Kasai's body had been submerged in the snow except her face, but that was sinking in too.

"Kelsi!" She screamed out behind her before running over to the snow.

She stood panicked for a few seconds, freezing up.

"What should I do?! Uhh" She grabbed the shovel leaning against the wall. She stepped forward, trying to use it as a crowbar to push Cole out. She grunted in pain, desperately trying to free him. Her arms ached.

She felt her foot being to get colder. She looked down and her foot was covered in snow. She looked back up to Cole, she could see the fear in his eyes since that's all was left of his face. she watched as his wolf legs turned back to human. She felt a sudden push to the stomach, knocking her back. Freeing her from the snow.

Jay's eyes widened as she watched Kasai and Cole fully submerge. Kasai's last breath of air was spent on another echoing howl before she was under the snow.

"COLE!!" Jay screamed. She sat in front of the snow wall on her knees, helpless once again. She buried her head in her hands, freezing tears pouring through.

"Jay! Jay where are they?!" Kelsi's voice came into the room along with a stampede of footsteps.

"W-Where do you think?!" She yelled, turning to her. "Why didn't you come with me!? I-If you had they would still be here?!" Jay turned back the other way and continued to weep.

They looked guiltily at each other. Only the sound of the howling wind filled the empty space. Until footsteps emerged from the group. Jay looked up to see Penny sat next to her.

"Were you close?" Penny asked, she reached her hand into her pocket before pulling out some pocket tissues.

"Y-Yeah." She mumbled, wiping away her tears freezing up her face.

"Don't worry. We'll get everyone back. Ian, Kasai and Cole." She said reassuringly. "Now can you try calling her?"

Jay's hand trembled as she reached for her pocket. She looked back at Penny and nodded. She scrolled through her contacts. Jay began to doubt herself as she pressed the call button.

Bring

Bring

"Hello?" She could faintly make out the sound of the voice through lots of chatter in the background.

"Angelica we need you. Kasai, Ian and Cole are in trouble."