"Whoa, enough with the scary eyes," he said. "Relax."

I exhaled a deep breath then smiled, but not a real smile, a forced one- one that took every muscle in me, to curve the two sides of my lips, upwards. A gentle wind blew past us, as the hem of my dress swayed by my ankles, under the metal table.

"I'm fine," I lied. "You...seem to find that woman attractive."

Oh, geez....why did I say that?

Licking my bottom lip, I willed my face to not cringe, but when he grinned, I could no longer hold it. My eyes dropped to my lap, and I groaned, shaking my head at my stupidity.

"You're jealous," he said.

"I've had enough to eat. Let's just go home—"

He laughed, beaming.

"You barely touched your food," he said. "You usually eat a truckload, I thought you'd end up gobbling my share as well—"

"I'm not very hungry," I insisted.

"Because you're jealous." He said this slowly, his eyes gleaming in mirth.

"I'll wait by the car," I said.

My face was boiling, as I got up from the table, not even bothering to close my box of food, for fear that he'd notice my shivering hands. Ignoring his grin, I turned, walking at my usual pace towards the car, so as to appear like I wasn't flustered.

Midway down the street, I stopped before the crossing sign, realizing that I didn't actually know where he'd parked his car. I wanted to get out of the awkward situation so badly, that my brain decided that saying something stupid would be the best way to go.

As I thought about how ridiculous I was reacting to him and that woman, a strong arm slinked over my back, resting on my shoulder. I didn't have to turn to know who that warm hand, and lavender like scent, belonged to.

James's lips met the cave of my ears- a hot rush zooming through my neck, as his hand squeezed my shoulder.

"I think it's cute," he whispered, his lips almost touching my lobe. "You're pretty when you blush. Did you know that?"

I gulped.

I could feel his smile radiate through our one inch proximity- my heart pounding like a band of drums within my chest, as I turned my head slowly towards him.

James took a step back, placing his hands within his pockets, raking his eyes over me. There was an appreciative glint in his scrutiny, and it took me a second to realize what he was doing.

"Are you...are you checking me out?" I crossed my arms over my chest, suddenly feeling exposed.

"I am," he replied. "It's not a crime."

The crossing sign changed, as I shook my head, walking through to the other side. He followed, still grinning like the flirtatious Prince he was, while I tried my best to still the rapid beating of my heart. When we got to the other side of the street, I turned towards him, allowing him to lead the way to the car.

"It's creepy," I said. "Staring like that, I mean. It's just...creepy."

He had long strides, and I had to walk twice as fast for my average legs to keep up.

"Creepy?" He laughed once more. "You're a grown woman and you say the word 'creepy'? Interesting—"

"Don't insult my vocabulary!"

He shot me a wink, grinning, as we got to his car at last. The shiny, silver Mercedes glowed under the night sky. He took out the key from his pocket, gripping it within his palms.