Chapter 138~!

"Hm..." I hummed thoughtfully, letting my head loll back so I was staring at the ceiling from my place on the couch. It was the morning of December 26, and the house was fairly dull, especially compared to the shenanigans of the previous day. The house was going to need cleaning...

"Mehhhhh..." I groaned, shutting my eyes. No cleaning, me no likey chores!

"Morning, Mommy!" Tatiana greeted cheerfully as she bounced into the living room. She hadn't gotten dressed yet or brushed her hair, which hung around her head like a frizzy blond cloud.

My giggles were un-stifle-able (because that's a real word). "G'morning, Tiana. How'd you sleep?"

"Good!" she replied, throwing her arms up into the air. "I dreamed about flying over cities!"

"Oooh~" I cooed, inviting her to sit next to me on the sofa. "That sounds fun!"

"Did you have any dreams, Mommy?" she inquired, looking up at me with eager indigo eyes.

I managed a smile as I shook my head. "No, not this time."

Of course, that was a lie. Darkness filled my dreams, even after having such a wonderful day filled with friends and family the day before. Even Ontario and Quebec had stopped by for a little while!

What a strange dream that had been, too. There wasn't anything but a sleepiness that had nothing to do with the fact that I had actually been asleep. An inky blackness that consumed everything, including me, and a sluggishness. Like drowning, but peacefully...

I was snapped back to the present when Tatiana slid down to the floor and walked off to go get Evan out of bed. What a good big sister... 'Let's hope that doesn't go away with time' I thought with a half-hearted smirk. No, I knew she would be a sweet child for a very long time. Anything else didn't seem natural for her personality.

"Hi, Mom. What're we doing today?" Milo asked as he emerged from the hallway his bedroom was in.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I said with a smile. "Uhm, I dunno. Any ideas?"

"I wanna try out my skateboard some more," he answered.

"You're using the pads and guards, right?" I asked pointedly, and he nodded matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, of course."

"No sass, mister," I warned him. "And we'll think of things to do today. We should include your cousins while they're in the country, after all."

"Cool," he said, grinning. Surely he was thinking of playing with Serenity more today.

"Alice?" Matthew called from the bedroom, and I got up while answering back with "Whaaaat?"

'Ask about a super suit, ask about where your super suit is' I mentally pleaded with the universe, but no dice. "Do you know where the kids' skates are?"

"Uh, they should be in their closets," I replied, leaning against the door frame and watching him rummage through our own closet. "Are we going skating today?"

"I thought it would be a fun thing to do," he said, holding up his own well-loved skates triumphantly before returning to dig out mine. "Don't you think?"

"Sure! Sounds like fun," I agreed, standing up straight. "Let's see what Arthur and Rayn think about that."

~

"That sounds like a cool idea," Rayn said, her face comically large as she was speaking through the video chat capabilities on her phone while I was using the home phone screen, which was so much bigger.