22

Chit-chat With A Psychopath (Adam)

Ding dong~!

I glanced at Theo as the doorbell rang. We didn't get any visitors. The last one was Violet and she didn't come back after Drake had a breakdown from her knocking on the door.

Theo frowned and put his book down to answer the door. Since there were no windows or a peephole near or on the door, he had to open it to see who it was.

"The fuck are you doing here?" He muttered after opening the door a crack.

"Just wanted to talk, Theo." I froze at that feminine voice. The sickly sweet tone was familiar enough after these past months. "Is Adam home?"

"No," Theo growled. "Now leave."

"Aw, that's not how you treat guests," Britney whined. "Let me in. I just want to talk to Adam."

"Leave us alone!" Theo snapped.

I silently crept out of the living room, my heart pounding. My knee bumped into the coffee table as I walked by, scooting it loudly on the hard wood floor.

"If Adam wasn't here, then who was that?" Britney asked.

"...Drake," Theo answered.

"Drake's out with the queer squad, you idiot." Theo held the door mostly shut as Britney rammed into it. "Adam! I just want to talk to you! It about your father!"

I froze. "My dad?"

"Aha! You are here!" Theo let the door fly open as Brit rammed her body against it again, this time falling to the ground. "Ow! You brute!"

"Bitch," Theo muttered.

Brit stood up and smiled at me. "Hello~!"

"What about my father?" I asked.

"Oh. He moved to Las Vegas," Britney said nonchalantly. "Something about being too ashamed to live in Oregon with a gay son."

I frowned. "Oh.."

Britney nodded. "He told me all about it. We had a really lovely talk."

"Oh. Okay." I looked at Theo in confusion.

"Oh yes. For someone who is a preacher, he is pretty dirty," Brit chuckled. "I still have rope burns on my wrists."

"What the fuck?!" Theo gagged. "You are such a whore!"

"Call me what you want," Britney waved him off dismissively. "I'm sure I gave him a good time to remember. Maybe even better than your slut mother, Adam."

I felt dizzy and angry. "W-what? What the fuck did you say about my mother, skank?!"

Theo was pushing her out the door. "Get out, you fucking psycho!"

"Ta ta, Adam," Britney called as Theo slammed the door behind her.

"What the fuck....?" I whispered.

"Don't listen to her, Adam," Theo said. He gripped my hand tightly and looked me in the eye. "She's a lying shit. She'll say anything to get your blood boiling."

"But what she said.... With my dad-"

"He's not your dad. He abandoned you. He's not you're family anymore. I'm your family."

"But-"

Theo pressed his lips to mine, shutting me up. I was startled at first, but it was warm and calming so I welcomed it.

"You didn't have to kiss me to shut me up," I told him.

Theo grinned. "I wanted to though."

I chuckled lightly, a little flustered. "Oh, well then.... Um... Okay."