10

"Friends" With a Twist (Adam)

I couldn't describe what I felt, so I'm deciding against saying it. Drake seemed happy about our kiss and that made me feel good about it.

"So are we dating now?" I asked timidly. I didn't know what answer I wanted, but I knew that "I don't know" isn't the answer I wanted.

"If you want to then we can," Drake answered giddily. His eyes shined with pure and utter joy.

"Okay then." I laughed nervously. "So um... What shall we do now?"

"Well, dinner is about to start soon. It's usually pizza and soda." Drake glanced around the empty gym. "We could always skip and stay here, but they'll find us."

"Ah, well, I'm hungry." I wasn't hungry, but I did feel uncomfortable being alone with Drake after the scene we saw. "And pizza sounds pretty good to me."

"Alright. Let's go get pizza." Drake lead me out of the gym and to the auditorium where we were going to eat our food.

It was already packed with campers and teens that stay all year. There were some children too, but they had their own little corner. On one side there was a door labeled STAFF ONLY. It was cracked open slightly showing a few pool tables and a bar with sodas and ice cream on it.

Drake suddenly pulled me toward a group of young men who had waved us over, each one friendly in appearance.

"Who's your new boyfriend, Drake?" A feminine looking guy asked.

"This is Adam. He's my church's new preacher's son."

"He's a preacher's boy?" The same feminine man laughed. "You're really stooping low this time, honey."

"Hi," I muttered meekly.

"Hey, darling. I'm Raven." The man held out his hand for me to shake. His nails were painted silvery, a pretty color for his skin tone. "Are you staying here for as long as Drake's here or longer?"

"Just...um... As long as Drake is here," I stammered. "Um... I'm sorry, but are you a boy?"

Raven smiled and lightly punched the boy next to them. "I told you someone was going to ask soon!" To me, they said, "Honey, I am whatever gender you want me to be. I don't give a damn. But physically, yes, I am a boy."

"Until you try to wipe his nails clean, then he's a monster," a boy with green eyes said.

"Bitch, I barely scratched you!" Raven snapped good humorly.

Drake chuckled. "That's Owen." The green eyed guy waved at me as I nodded to him. "This is Sami." A boy a little younger than me smiled shyly. "And his boyfriend there is James."

"Hey." James was a muscular guy. He was kind of intimidating, but his brown eyes were gentle and kind.

Raven suddenly nudged me good humorly and nodded to something behind me. I turned around as Drake did. I'm sure my face flushed red as I saw the familiar red hair of the twins I saw earlier.

"They've been here the longest," Raven said. "People say that they've been doing each other since they were 10."

"Shit!" Drake muttered. "Why would they do that?!"

Owen smiled as Sami looked down. "The gossip is that their father wired them to be like that," Owen said. "Heard that Violet had sex with half her cousins and her younger brother as well."

"And she's not pregnant?" Drake asked.

"Condoms, mate," James said. "This camp has suppliers. We have a mail room where the mail comes in and they're sorted out."

"Do the staff not check the deliveries?" I asked.

"They do," Raven sighed. "But they only look over the kids who work in the mail room. It's not hard to sneak some condoms or cigs in camp."

"Oh..." I glanced over at Drake as he nudged me. "What?"

"Theo is going over to Britney."

I looked as Britney started flirting with the red haired guy, both seemed very interested in each other. Theo looked over in our direction as Britney spoke and seemed to smile at me, but I wasn't sure. No one else seemed to notice that, which made me feel like I was just seeing things.

"She's a slut," I said. I felt unnerved by Theo's strange smile.

"He's a sex addict." Sami said quietly. "Always looking for something to bang."

"His sister's a whore," James spoke up. A few of us chuckled lightly.

"Mr. Samson!" Raven stood up straight as a huge man with a killer look in his brown eyes approached our group. "Meet me in my office at 20:30 sharp!"

"Y-yes, sir!" Raven said, a slight tremor in his voice.

As the man left, I dared to ask,"Who was that?"

"Mr. Carson," Drake and Owen answered at once. Owen continued, "He's a mean guy. Don't get caught by him?"

"What happens if he catches me doing something bad?"

I was met with silence. It wasn't the awkward silence or silly silence. It was dead scary silence. The silence that comes right before something dreadful happens.

"Oh..." I didn't understand, but I knew he must be something worse than awful.

Raven broke the silence. His bubbly personality diminished to a scared, serious one. "I should....go see what he wants..."

The rest of us murmured goodbyes and good lucks as he made his way out of the auditorium. Drake excused himself to go get pizza and soda for us, saying there will be no more if we continue to stand here.

Owen, Sami, and James stood in silence next to me until Sami spoke. "So, um, there's a senior camper meeting tonight, Adam," he said. "It's like an introductory meeting for those who come in just for this month. The senior campers who stay here will also be there, so it'll be quite crowded."

"Oh. Okay." I felt awkward, for reasons I wasn't sure of.

Drake came back, handed me a pepperoni pizza slice and a root beer, then started chatting about different things about his school to the three boys. I finished my meal silently, not quite listening into their conversation.

I had probably zoned out again, because suddenly Theo was pulling me into a small empty room, his green eyes lit with a fiery emotion I couldn't figure out.

"You're new here, huh?" he asked gruffly.

I stammered a "Um...Uh...Yes," before he nodded in understanding.

"I thought so. I never seen you here before." His eyes wandered over my thin frame, his freckled nose wrinkled slightly. "You're a preacher's son, huh? You dress like one."

I couldn't answer before his hand was on my throat, squeezing slightly.

"Are you into kinky things, buddy?" A sly smirk had appeared on his face as his hand traveled down my throat to me chest. "Or are you just into rough, hot sex?" He got really close to my face, mint breath hot on my nose. "I can give you both if you want."

"I-I'm not gay," I squeaked fearfully.

Theo grinned devilishly, both hands on my waist. "That's a lie, and you know it."

His hips were grinding lightly against mine. It felt good, but wrong. Very very wrong. I tried to push him away, but he was bigger and much stronger than me.

"Hey hey hey." Theo kept me firmly in place, an evil grin on his face. "Don't run off, sweetheart. I'm not done playing yet." His tongue ran up my neck, a sickly slimy trail left on my neck, as he continued to grind against my hips, his teeth on my ear. "We're going to be great friends, kitten. I just know it."