17

(Warning: Mature content. Sexual themes, and strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.)

Beating (Drake)
[3 week ago]

My house. I wasn't supposed to come back until a month later. It always looked welcoming before, with light blue paint and polished windows. Now it looks haunting. The windows are covered and the paint had some brown stains and broken bottles on the ground.

It was eerily quiet too. We usually had sprinklers going or my mom was gardening.

"What happened to my mom?" I asked my captor.

"Shut up," my dad responded as we pulled into the driveway.

"Did you hurt her?"

"I said shut up!" He hit me in the head with the butt of his gun.

Black edged my vision and I started seeing stars. I shook my head, trying to clear my eyesight. Blood trickled down my forehead and agitated my skin, making it itch.

"Get out, Drake." My dad put the barrel of the gun against my neck. "Now."

I slowly got out of the truck, slower than my dad since he got out before me and was standing on my side of the vehicle.

I wobbled my up the my house, slowly so I wouldn't get shot. "My neighbors will figure out what's going on," I mumbled. "They'll call the cops."

"I killed your neighbors already so that wouldn't happen." My dad opened the front door and shoved me inside, then closed it.

I saw my mom laying on the ground, duct tape on her mouth and hands and feet tied up. Her eyes were wide with terror.

"Mom!" I cried out. My dad held me by my collar as I tried to run to her. "Momma!"

"Sit your ass down, boy," my dad growled. He shoved me onto a chair and pulled out a roll of duct tape. "If you mov, I'll shoot your mother."

He wrapped my legs with the tape, then my arms behind my back. As he tore the strip of tape to cover my mouth, he chuckled.

"Are you enjoying yourself, bastard?" I snapped hatefully.

"Not yet," he answered with a slight drawl. He covered my mouth with the tape, grabbed a half full bottle from the floor and took a long drink from it. "You were a mistake, boy. A drunken fuck was what made you happen."

I glared at him.

"You were supposed to be aborted. But this fucking whore," he growled and kicked my mom in the side. I screamed behind my duct tape. "This woman didn't want that. Saying something about how abortion is ungodly." He grinned a drunken grin. "Maybe this time I can give her a kid she doesn't want."

My mom started crying and shaking her head.

I wiggled out of my seat and fell to the floor trying to get to him before he could get to my mom.

He laughed at my feeble attempt at being a hero and kicked me in my stomach roughly. I groaned and curled into the fetal position. He stomped on my shoulder and popped my shoulder out of socket, making me cry out in pain.

"Stupid kid," my dad said. He grabbed my mom and dragged her out of the living room. "We'll be back shortly, son."

I watched with darkening blurred vision as he disappeared with my mom into the hall. My vision gradually got darker and more blurry until I slipped into unconsciousness.

~♡~

Shaky hands running through my hair brought me back to the waking world, and back to the pain in my body.