3

Monday (Drake)

I groaned as my mom knocked on my door.

"Drake, honey?" I glared at my mom as she opened the door. Her hair was a bit messed up and her eyes were wide with fear and nervousness. "Mr. Nixon called. He asked you to go over to help his son pack for camp." She shook her head and looked a bit concerned. "You're going to camp early. Tomorrow."

I widened my eyes, my chest tightening. "W-why?" I asked, trying to keep my voice level. I was always afraid that my mom or somebody from my church would find out that I was gay and tried to convert me.

My mom seemed a bit hesitant to answer. "Well... You're father is back... He's asking to take full custody of you and I have to see him in court tomorrow."

My heart sped up, anxiety threatening to control my body. I stared at her, not sure how to answer. "Okay.. I-I'll go now."

Leaping out of bed, I quickly pulled on my favorite band shirt and a black hoodie to hide it. Grabbing my suitcase, I messily stuffed it with two weeks of clothes and some toiletries. Thank god, there's a laundry room and individual showers at the camp.

My mom seemed to get nervous every second I stayed home so I decided that I'd toss all my other things into a backpack. "I'm ready to go!" I said, hurrying out to the car with everything. I quickly grabbed a sleeping bag and pillow as we shuffled to the car.

Starting the car, my mom placed shaky hands on the wheel as I stuffed my things into the back. "C-come on, Drake."

I stared at her as I walked around the car. "Mom? Do you want me to drive?" I asked. I knew my mom must be having a more difficult time with this news than me and it pains me to know that.

My mom shook her head, her brown curly hair trembling when she did. "I'm fine, sweetie. Just get in."

I didn't argue. My mother had a stubborn streak that no one liked to mess with. She slowly started backing out of the driveway even before I got my door closed.

I don't blame her. I thought as we drove down the street. I'd get my child someplace away from my husband if he were like my dad.

My mom turned a corner and slightly sped up but I didn't say anything. I was too worried to say anything. I was trying to stay calm for her.

Finally, she pressed the break pedal and stopped in front of a small pale yellow house. "This is the address I believe." My mom muttered, mostly to herself. "Do you need help, hon?"

"No mom. I got it." I jumped out and grabbed my suitcase and backpack. I smiled reassuringly to her as I walked to the front of the car with my stuff. "Go home and relax. Maybe I could stay the night here and have Mr. Nixon drop both me and Adam off at camp. I'm sure he'll understand."

My mom looked relieved at that. "Okay, Drake. Have a great time. I love you."

I waved as she drove off then turned to look at the house. I saw Adam peek out a window then disappear only to reappear at the door. My mouth went dry as I saw he wasn't wearing a shirt under his blue bath robe.

"Hey, Drake!" Adam's brilliant smile brought me back to my senses. He looked at my stuff. "That's for camp, right?"

"Uh, yeah!" I said, trying not to look at his bare chest. "I need to talk to your father about camp. Is he home?"

I saw a flicker of uncertainty in Adam's eyes before it was replaced with something brighter. "Of course! Come in!"

Adam helped carry my suitcase in as I awkwardly played with the straps on my backpack while walking into his house.

It was nice and cozy looking. Everything was put away neatly and nothing was out of place. Adam set my suitcase next to the front door and walked into the kitchen. "Are you hungry? Thirsty? We have Coke, Pepsi, be-" Adam stopped and shook his head. "We have water too."

I shrugged. "I'll take a Coke."

Adam smiled and pulled out two bottles. He handed one to me as we sat down on the couch. "I think my dad is still asleep. He worked almost all night to do something."

"That's okay. I would still be asleep too if my mom hadn't woken me up." I said, hoping to get a laugh out of Adam.

He just smiled and took a drink from his soda. Glancing out the window, he sighed. "Britney has been coming over in hopes we'll hang out some day."

I looked out to see that blonde bitch watching us from the sidewalk. Her brown eyes were on me, glaring daggers of pure hatred. I glared back, hoping my gaze was just as murderous.

I looked back at Adam to see him get up and walk to the door. "I better see what she wants now."

I watched him as they met on the sidewalk. They seemed to be arguing, then as quick as a snake, Britney Waters pulled Adam close and kissed him.

Get the hell away from her! I silently screamed to Adam. I could tell he was tensed up and unsure what to do. Push her away! Punch her! Kick her! Something mean and heartless!

But Adam only wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her even closer, not even breaking the kiss. My heart melted and so did all of my hopes that he was even bisexual.

Stupid me....