11

Terrible Things (Drake)

Maybe he just went to bed early.

I tried to convince myself as I looked around for Adam. I couldn't find him at all. Or Britney, but I guess after earlier she won't be around him.

"Drake, he's fine," Owen patted my shoulder. "There's a lot of people here. No one here is a danger to the community. Those ones are in rehab."

"I guess you're right," I sighed. I was still concerned about Adam's well-being. "Perhaps I could go see if he went to his cabin."

"Alright. Go do that." Owen waved as I walked off. "Bring him back. You know how the staff gets upset when there's missing campers."

"Alright alright."

I walked outside into the fading light of day, using the light of my phone to help me find my way along the bark dust path to the cluster of cabins on the other side of the camp grounds. As I neared his side of the shared cabin, I heard muffled talking from inside.

Pressing my ear to the door, I listened in on who was talking.

"Be a good boy and suck."

Theo? What is he doing here?

"N-no. I don't want to."

Adam?! I willed myself not to open the door just yet. I wanted to wait a while longer.

"Now, kitten," Theo purred. "That's no way to talk to your master."

"You're sick!" Adam said loudly. "You're a sick, disgusting, sex loving, sibling fucking, rapist."

Theo laughed. "I could care less about my sister. She's the one that wants to fuck me. I just don't complain because it's better than jacking myself off. Mow suck it it or I'll fucking force it down your throat."

I decided to bust in now. Breaking the door open, I found Theo completely naked over a half dressed Adam, his dick in one hand and Adam's neck in his other.

"What the actual fuck?!" I shouted. "Get out, you fucking creep!"

Theo crawled off of Adam and slung his pants over his freckled shoulder causally, a look of boredom on his face.

"Whatever man," he said. "Just know that you missed out on the fun we had previously."

I glared at him as he walked away, then slammed the door shut, locking it before going over to check on Adam.

Adam had already put his shirt on and fixed his pants and was quietly sitting on the bed, his head in his hands.

"Adam?" I gently placed my hand on his shoulder, only for him to slap my hand away.

"Don't touch me!" He glared at me, anger clearly in his expression.

"A-Adam," I tried to find my voice. "I was looking all over for you.... I was really concerned about you. I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner."

"Shut up," Adam growled. He put his head in his hands again. "Just.....leave me alone."

"But-"

"Get out of my goddamn cabin!" He threw a shoe at me, which I dodged easily.

"I'm so sorry," I said, backing away. "I should've been looking after you."

"Just get out!"

Another shoe made me turn, unlock the door, and bolt outside. I nearly ran into Pete and Dakota, who looked almost as startled as me.

"What's wrong?" Dakota asked.

"None of your business." I said it harsher than I meant it to be, but I didn't apologize. I just wanted to get away as fast as possible. "Leave me alone."

Pete grabbed my arm as I pushed past the pair. "Drake." He looked at me with more seriousness than a 14-year-old should be capable of expressing. "Whatever happened, you know running away isn't always the best answer."

I nodded slowly, thinking his words over. "I understand. Can I go now?"

Pete let go of me, letting me walk away. "What happened?" I heard Dakota whisper.

"It's none of our business, handsome," Pete responded to his question. "Let it fix itself."

I headed into the gym and turned the lights on. I stopped when I recognized Britney and Violet standing a few feet away, brown and green eyes blinking at me in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" We all asked at once, a perfect harmony of confusion, annoyance, and disgust.

"I came here to get away from people," I stated, crossing my arms. "What about you two?"

"I was telling this slut to leave me alone," Britney snapped.

"Fine," Violet said. She wrinkled her freckled nose at me. "I see I'm not welcomed here, so I'll leave."

"Thank god," I sighed loud enough for her to hear. "I don't need two whores in my sight."

Violet left without a word as Britney stuffed something in her pocket. "You're an abomination," she told me.

"At least I'm not a prostitute," I answered. She groaned in disgust. "Everyone knows you're only rich because you suck dick. Stop lying about it."

"Well everyone knows you're gay," Britney said. "It's honestly not that hard to see." She walked over to him and poked his chest. "That's why your daddy put out his cigarettes on your chest."

I slapped her hand away. "Leave that scumbag out of this."

"He was just trying to fix you." Britney put on a fake caring tone. "That's what parents do for their children."

I slammed the bitch against the wall, almost choking her. "I am not his son," I growled. "He's not my father, so stop saying he is!"

"Choke me harder, daddy." Britney grinned sarcastically. "I am a slut, aren't I?"

"Fuck you."

"Please do."

"D-Drake?" I turned around, looking at Adam. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt and sweatpants and he had the saddest expression on his face. "What....what are you doing with her...?"

I let go of Britney and stepped away from her. "We were just talking, Adam," I said. "Are you okay?"

Adam gazed into space, then nodded. "Y-yeah.... I am..."

I walked over to him slowly, gently caressing his cheek. He flinched away and I retracted my arm from his face. "Oh, darling," I murmured. "What the hell did he do...?"