13

Tasse à Café [Coffee Cup] (Adam)

I spent all morning with Drake since he wouldn't leave me alone for a second.

"I don't want Theo to hurt you," he'd say.

"I know, but I do need time to myself," I tried to argue.

"But that gives him an opportunity to hurt you."

"I know."

I just want to see what he wants.

I looked at the camp schedule we were given and groaned. "Is sports mandatory?" I asked Drake.

"Yeah." Drake told me. "We're doing basketball and soccer today."

"I hate basketball," I muttered as we walked to the gym for basketball. "At least it's inside."

"Yeah." Drake said. He fanned himself with his shirt. "It's so hot today. Why did God curse us today with this heat?"

"I dunno," I said. I opened the gym door and walked in with Drake right behind. "Maybe He's trying to tell us that we need to stay indoors."

"That'd be amazing." Drake sat on a chair in the sidelines of the court.

A few people were chatting in different corners of the gym, all absorbed in their own conversations.

"I wonder why the counselors aren't here." Drake looked confused. "There's always at least one in a bulding."

"Maybe they died because I'm so damn hot." Theo's voice spoke up behind us. He grinned at Drake, ignoring me. "What's up, pipsqueak?"

"Fuck off," Drake hissed quietly. "Don't you have a sister to bang?"

Theo lightly touched the red scratch on his cheek, then scowled. "That's none of your business, faggot."

I had backed away quietly, hiding behind a pole. Theo pushed Drake off the chair easily and sat down as I watched them argue.

"That's my chair." Drake tried pushing the more muscled and heavier young man off the chair.

"I don't see your name on it, tiny," Theo shoved Drake back. "Save your energy. You'll need it once we're playing."

Drake grumbled and walked over to me. "He's an asshole."

"I heard that!" Theo jumped off the chair and stalked toward us. "Watch your mouth or else I'll fucking punch your teeth out."

Drake glared at him angrily, but kept quiet. I don't think a backlash is worth losing teeth over.

Theo looked at me for the first time all day. "I want to talk to you after sports, buddy. If I don't see you or if your boyfriend is around, I'll break into your cabin tonight."

I was sure my face turned as white as a ghost when he said that. Drake held my hand protectively. "Stay away from him."

"Fine." Theo walked away, stretching out his muscular arms as a few counselors filed into the gym to start the game.

~♡~

"He's hard to beat," I gasped as I walked away from the field.

Theo was the best soccer player I've seen and he was always the one to make a goal for his team.

Drake sat in the shade with a cup of water for me. "Well, there's nothing better to do here than to play sports," he answered scornfully.