Chapter 9: Lesson on resonance

Start from the beginning

" What's wrong? "

" I can't fail this test. I'm afraid the shame will cause my.. magic to take control. But, me and Ethan have never resonated. I don't know how. ", you admit, feeling a bit weird talking to someone about your powers and feelings besides Ethan.

" Oh is that it? Just tell him you need a day. I'm sure Stein will understand and me and Soul can help you. " You tilt your head at her reaction, unsure of how you should respond. " Wow. Really? "

" Yup, I'll even go with you to ask. I've done it with Crona. But hey, since I have you who caused you so much trouble last night? "

" I... Don't know thier names. The girls who sit a few rows behind you, brown straight hair, green eyes. Then brown eyes, black hair tied to one side. "

" I think i've seen them talking to Kid before, they seemed kinda nice. "

You feel your tail flick once in annoyance as she mentions them talking to Kid and something about the thought makes your heart sink. With such a sudden burst of emotions your magic to sparks out its usual black static.

" (Y/n)? ", she walks closer to you with a concerned look on her face as she stares at you. " Ah, sorry. I don't know what's been going on lately... We should go before Stein questions why we took so long. ", you quickly change the subject and walk out with her.

Walking back into class you and Maka immediately go over to Stien and try to cause as little of a scene as possible.

" May we talk to you a moment sir? It's about the test. ", Maka asks.

" What is it? "

" (Y/n) hasn't had much time in combat and is stressed about this sudden test. This once could she do it tomorrow? "

He begins turning the screw in his head as he looks at you, causing you to feel uneasy and you find yourself naturally move closer to Maka with your ears laying timidly against your head.

" Perhaps. Although it's not really fair to other students. ", Stein thinks outloud.

" Me and Ethan could come in early... ", you mumble.

" Hmm, while I wouldn't mind i'll have to ask Lord Death. This is a test (Y/n). "

" What if we fight her out front instead!? A good battle always relaxes me! ", Black☆Star suddenly blurts out and you tense up at his sudden activity.

" A fight? ", Stein's screw suddenly clicks and he sighs.

" How will that help!? "

" You have until the end of the day, all of you. Come talk to me once you want me to test you. "

" Damn it... "

A bunch of cheers roar throughout the room and Black☆Star jumps over the desks. Tsubaki follows his lead as well as Soul, Ethan and Crona, although they skip the jumping over the desk part.

" That went... surprisingly well. Although not perfect. ", you say.

" You got us out of a test so that's cool. ", Soul smirks.

" We still have to test Soul... We can just turn it in anytime today basically. ", Maka corrects him.

" I think Stein just wanted an excuse to experiment on that poor bird. ", you look over at the mad scientist and shiver seeing the bird on the table.

" Id like to hope not. ", Tsubaki turns to look at the bird with a sad expression.

With a suddenly curiosity you look over everyone and search for Kid only to see him, Liz and Patty all talking to the two girls from yesterday. As you get a sick feeling in your stomach you're startled when Black☆Star places his hand on your shoulder.