Chapter 13: Best Friends

Max and I sat in the cafe. He told me funny stories of him as a kid.
"Then I fell again, but since I was such a dumb-ass back then, I did it again" he took a sip of his coffee.
I laughed and covered my mouth.
"Any who, how are you?" His smile appeared and he placed his coffee down.
"I am alright Max, how about you?" I asked.
"I've been better" he laughed.
I realized how much Max cared for me.
He always made sure I was okay.
Even when I wasn't in any danger he'd make sure I was safe. I didn't mean anything to him before, well only as his friend but I- I don't know about now.

 I didn't mean anything to him before, well only as his friend but I- I don't know about now

I blushed at the thought. Covering my mouth with both of my hands, staring at him.
"What?" He asked curiously.
"N-Nothing! Just uh- You know! You are just funny as hell!" I laughed nervously punching his shoulder slightly.
"Oh, they were that funny?" He asked.
"Yeah Max! Ever thought of being a comedian?" I falsely laughed.
He shrugged, "never thought of that before.
"You should" I placed my hand on his accidentally.
I pulled it away quickly as I realized.
"S-Sorry! D-Didn't see your hand there!" I covered my face.
"You're so cute, in a dorky way. Stop dying over normal contacting" he chuckled.
"Shut up! I am not Max" I crossed my arms.
"You act like such a child" he leaned in his chair, looking at me.
"Whatever, you idiot" I took a sip of my coffee, patiently waiting for the waitress.
"Are you still talking to Alex?" He asked.
"Well, he stopped texti-"
RIIING RIIIING RIIIING
I looked down at my phone and it was Alex.
"Hey. You know what you should do?"
I was confused and I replied.

 You know what you should do?"I was confused and I replied

"What's up?" Max asked me.
"Nothing, just Alex being weird" I looked up at Max.
"What did he say?"
"Nothing important" I closed my phone.
"Oh" he looked away.
"What?" I placed my hands on my hips.
"Nothing important" he began to mumble under his breath.
PIING PIIING PIING
Skye walked in and she sat down beside me.
"Hey friends, didn't mean to ruin your date" she takes his coffee.
"You know, I paid for that right? Plus we are not on a date dumb-ass" he took his coffee back.
She rolled her eyes.
"Take a chill pill" Skye rested her head on my shoulder.
"Stephanie, you didn't speak to me all day.." she did a pouty face.
"Maybe because you're a bitchy- coffee stealer" Max threw a marshmallow at her forehead.
"Shut the hell up Max, at least I know when to make the right moves when you have a crush on your best friend!" She said angrily.
"What is wrong with you? I was just playing.." he looked at Skye confusingly.
I sat there surprised that Skye had gotten mad over something so little.
"Skye? Are you oka-"
She interrupted me.
"I'm fine, okay?! Just tell him to stop giving you all the attention" Skye shouted.
Everyone turned to us.
"What?.." he was shocked.
"I like you Max, I can't keep seeing you and Stephanie together all the time! I-I killed Leafy because she was after you. She never liked Alex! She liked you the whole time Max!" She looked crazy.
We were both shocked.
"If you don't Stop giving her all of your attention, maybe I'll kill her" Skye smirked.
"Skye?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Max asked.
Skye picked up one of the butter knives and she almost stabbed My hand, but beside it, puncturing the table.
She whispered in my ear.
"If you see that figure again.. Promise me never to go towards it.. please.." she walks out of the building.
"A-Are we turning her in!?" He had his phone prepared.
"No.. I feel as if something is going on.." I looked at Max.
"Something that may cause other people's deaths!" He stood up grabbing his keys.
"I am going to the police. She may be our best friend but she threatened us.." he looked worried.
I placed my hand on his shoulder.
"I don't think she was alone here.."