Chapter 7: Speechless

"Sweetie!" My moms voice had woken me up. I rolled to my side and ignored her, putting the sheets a little higher, covering halfway my face.
"Stephanie?" She opened the door slowly. "Stephanie, there's a cute boy outside. He said he's waiting for you" my mom smiled.
"A boy?" I faced her with a face of confusion. I didn't expect any visitors at all.

"Yes, he's outside waiting for you" she pulled me off the bed and I closed my eyes, my body all sprawled out on the floor.

"You want him to see you like this?" She asked, looking down at me.
"No. Tell him I'll be right down.." I stood up, and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. I walked back and just wore sweat pants and a hoodie.
I walked outside to see Max in his car, just patiently waiting for me.

I walked towards the car window and he looked at me.
"Ew, you're wearing that?" He shook his head. "Oh I apologize, fashion police" we both laughed and then I asked.
"You saw the tweets last night about the stranger?"
"Yeah, no one knows who it is.. I saw him and he walked off with a bunch of filled alcohol cups" he pulled out a cigarette.
"Hop in" he opened the passenger door and I sat in the seat beside him.

"Hey.." I paused "Remember when you saved my life? Well- when I was looking around I stumbled upon a figure.." I looked down nervously.
"A figure? You seeing ghosts or something? I think it's the contact your head made with the floor" he puffed some of the smoke out of his mouth like a vape.

"Maybe you're right..one more question. You told Alex that Him and Leafy-.." I looked out the window.
"Oh.. it's something Diamond witnessed. She told how fake Alex was being to you" Max threw the cigarette into the grass.
"Fake?" I looked at Max again and he continued.
"She said that after they hooked up, he told her that he had a crush on you and to ask you out but Diamond thought that was stupid and dodged the favor" he removed his hair off his face.

"Alex? N-No, the Alex that I know? That's insane" I doubted what was coming out of Max's mouth.
"Don't judge a book by its cover.. Plus didn't you meet him online?" Max looked at me stupidly.
"Yeah but he is no harm, he's an angel and he doesn't like Leafy.." I looked at him a tad frustrated.

"You're being fooled baby girl" he pulled out another cigarette.
'I mean, why would Alex ever do something like that? When I met him he was extremely caring and kind..'
I glanced at Max;
"Do you think Maybe Diamond is lying?"
"Why would Diamond Lie? She's been our friend for a long time and she's never lied to us before" he shook his head again.

"Same thing, why would Alex do that? I've known him for a long time.." I spoke.
"A long time? You mean a few weeks?"
"Ugh- Whatever Max. He's not like that and I can promise that" I opened the car door.
"Wait, I need you to help me find a bow tie for class tomorrow at the Dollar store" Max sighed.
"Are you serious ?" I sat back in the car, closing the door once more.
"Yeah, I am serious.." Max rolled his eyes at me and drove off.

Max parked in front of the dollar store and we entered

We searched for a bow tie and finally found the right one. It had a bunch of middle fingers on it and it had slightly rough edges.
We played around with the masks. Max wore the Jason mask and I wore the Freddy mask, both attempting to scare each other at random times.

We walked to the counter and as Max was paying for his things, Leafy was in isle 2 picking medications up.
I didn't know why she needed all that medication. She had almost 10 in her cart.

Her eyes made contact with mine and she got upset. "What the hell are you looking at freak" she stormed away.
What I realized on her face which I, by the way have never realized earlier was her black mascara running down her face.

I ignored it because for some reason It just didn't matter as much to me.
"You alright?" He looked at me.
"I am fine Max, are you done with your stuff or.." I picked up the mini black belongings bags and placed the items in.
"Pf- don't rush me idiot" he rolled his eyes playfully again, paying the items and grabbing some of the bags.

I grabbed the other bags and we went into the car. "Max?.." I questioned him
"Do you think..I am going crazy?
He looked at me and shook his head.
He drove me to my house after that and Alex was sitting on my porch.

I got out of the car and when I did, Max grabbed my wrist.
"Be careful okay?" He let go and I nodded.
I walked to my porch and Max drove off.

"Stephanie! I was looking for you the whole day.." he jolted up.
"Well.. you know that I am always at my house" I chuckled.
"I am so sorry about yesterday okay? I was mad, anxious, intimidated.." he held both my hands and a sudden noticeable blush appeared on my face.

"I-It's alright Alex" I smiled.
"I have nothing to do with Leafy, her and I were studying for an exam but that was it.." he looked innocent as those words came out of his mouth.

"It's fine. I know how bad Leafy can be" I spoke.
He looked into my eyes and then said silently "I like you"

My eyes widened and my blush became more. "Y-You what? N-No you can't" I shook my head.
"I do, don't make any excuses" he was lost in my eyes and I looked back at him. He got a tad closer and his lips made contact with mine for a quick 5 seconds.

I stood there not able to move. I was shocked that this had happened, my face was as red as a cherry.
He blushed and then stood up, patting my head again.
"Remember that okay?" He whispered in my ear and walked off.
I walked inside of the house freaking out on the inside.