6:57pm

Where are you, Morgan? I thought to myself as I waited. Like she had been reading my mind, my phone buzzed.

"Hurry up, Bitch." I read.

I excitedly opened my door and ran down my front steps, now happy that I'm getting out of the house and seeing my best friend.

I had so much to tell her.

"Hey!" I smiled warmly and wrapped my arms around her, quickly taking her all in. She looked great tonight.

"It's so obvious that we grew up together." Morgan replied as she rolled her eyes, looking at my outfit. She had the same dress on, except her's was black.

Her black hair was curled as well and she had big silver hoop earrings in her ears.

She looked at me with her deep green eyes full of sorrow, "How have you been, love?" She asked me.

Taking a deep breath, knowing this had been coming and we still have a 30 minute drive, I prepared my answer. "Slowly accepting it." I replied vaguely.

"I understand." She said nodding her head.

Morgan was one of the few people there for me when my father died in a car accident around 9 months ago. We grew up together and it was a huge loss for her as well.

"Have you told your mom yet?" She asked me, changing the conversation.

I knew exactly what she was referring to.

"No, I haven't, Morgan. I can't yet."

"Now why can't you, Viola?" She asked me, slightly annoyed.

"Because with everything with dad, I don't know how she'll handle it. I don't want to stress her out more than she already is and I don't want to be the one who breaks her heart more." I sighed.

"Damn it, Viola, you can't use that as an excuse anymore! It's been 9 months, almost a year. You're her daughter, she has no choice, but to accept you. Whether or not you're gay, isn't going to affect her opinion of you."

Yes it will, I thought to myself.

Morgan knew my parents pretty well, they were like second parents to her, considering her parents were hardly around. But I knew that she didn't know my mother on my level. I was her blood daughter and I knew it would disappoint her.

"You come out to her and tell me how it goes, then I'll consider it." I teased.

"Yeah, that's never gonna happen." She laughed as she parked in the front of the gay bar she picked for us tonight.

Coming around and opening my door, she said, "Now let loose and let's go have some fun!"

~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed looking at my phone and seeing it was still only 9 o' clock.

"Can I get another shot of Jack Daniels, please?" I asked the bartender, having him add it to my tab.

It feels like I've been sitting here alone for an hour, waiting on Morgan to get back from dancing with the cute blonde girl she led into the middle of the dance floor.

I've shrugged off a hand full of girls tonight who had the shittiest pick-up lines I have ever heard.

As I downed another shot, I started feeling the liquor hit me all at once.

A familiar voice came up behind me, "Ms. Roman?"

I turned around knowing immediately who it was.