Chapter 17

"Good morning."

Louis yawned as he entered the kitchen and sat on a stool, whereas Harry was leaning back on the counter, already dressed in his black skinnies, that finally fitted him after a long time, a black tank top and his old white converse.

"Morning, Lou." He greeted his boyfriend happily and Louis raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you so happy? Are you going out?" He found it weird that Harry was in such a good mood, even after a long night like the previous one. It felt like JJ barely cried, but when he actually did, it was horrible. Both Louis and Harry lacked of sleep, even though the latter didn't seem affected.

"I'm meeting with Nick in half an hour or so. We're going shopping. Hope you don't mind staying with JJ alone for a few hours?" The last part sounded like a question to Louis and he shook his head.

"Uhm, no, I don't. Of course I don't."

It felt weird hearing their friend's name more frequently that he would liked to. Nick Grimshaw wasn't Louis' favorite person, if you asked him. Every time he would show up, Harry would change dramatically. Like the past two weeks, Harry had been quite distant, almost always out and when he eventually came back home at nights, he didn't give any attention to his boyfriend. It seemed like Harry currently enjoyed hanging out with Nick, more than spending time with his own family.

"Good morning, little one." Louis cooed after Harry had left, picking his two month old baby up from his crib and hugging him close to his chest. "Seems like it's just you and me for the day." He added, watching his son mouthing on his pinky finger. Blaine had explained to them that some babies might be early teethers and JJ was one of them. By the time he hit the second month of age, he had started munching on everything he could hold with his tiny hands.

"No, baby, you can't put my finger in your mouth." He spoke and JJ whimpered, but a few belly kisses made up for taking away his favorite activity.

As it turned out, Harry meant he would be back late at night by saying 'a few hours', since it was already ten and he hadn't even answered Louis' texts. Louis would worry, but he had gotten used to Harry forgetting all about his phone when hanging out with Nick.

"It's like we've fallen out again, El. I just don't get him."

"I honestly don't know what he is doing. Or why." Louis was thankful Eleanor had time for a visit, because he hadn't seen anyone in days, since he was busy taking care of JJ alone.

"Only time will tell, asking him only causes fights between us and I hate it when we shout at each other. Thank you, though, El. I missed having someone around, it means a lot." Louis admitted, his lips forming a small pout.

"You don't have to thank me, Lou. I missed you and JJ." She smiled kindly, looking down between them on the couch, where JJ was sleeping soundly, wrapped in his fluffy blanket.

It was around eleven when his phone rang and Eleanor was in JJ's nursery, putting him to sleep again, since he had woken up crying a few minutes ago.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lewis."

"It's Louis." Louis scoffed, realizing Nick was calling him and pronouncing his name wrong on purpose.

"Who cares, right? I just called you to say that Harry is staying at my house tonight. He got a little bit wasted and he can't even stand on his feet for seconds without falling." Nick rambled, questionably calm and that made Louis snap.

"Text me your address, Nick. I'm coming to get him right now." He tried not to sound too harsh and he mentally patted himself on the back for achieving it. He asked Eleanor for a favor, to watch after JJ for the time he would leave to get Harry and almost run out to his car.