Chapter 1

Three years had passed since Harry and Louis first started dating. Their anniversary being today, Harry was reminiscing about their first kiss, Louis' officially asking him out, their first date and of course, the day they came out to their family, their friends and the whole world. It felt like it was only yesterday, but it had actually been a year. He couldn't comprehend how fast time had passed and how they managed to stay together through everything. Most of their fans were incredibly supportive, apart from some haters, but the hate comments had only resulted on their bond getting stronger than ever.

Everyone thought it would be Louis the one to propose whenever they were ready for the next step, but Harry wanted to beat him to it. They had discussed about marriage before, but Harry was shaking as he drove to the nearest Swarovski store he could find. He was anxious and started sweating by the time he entered the jewelry shop.

"Good morning." Harry politely greeted as he walked in. Everything around him sparkled, but he had come here for something a lot more special.

"Good morning, how may I help you?" A kind, soft voice asked Harry and he looked at the figure in front of him. A girl on her early twenties was standing in front of him, dressed in a black fitted dress with a name tag on it. Her smile seemed genuine and it reached her eyes.

"I've preordered an engagement ring and I was notified that it was ready for me to pick it up." He replied, grinning from ear to ear and her eyes lightened up like a child's on Christmas day.

 "Aw! I've seen it, it's the best one we've made it in a while. Who's the lucky girl?"

"Lucky boy, actually." He corrected her kindly, still smiling.

"Oh, I'm really sorry for assuming." She apologized, as she motioned for me to follow her.

She searched through the top drawers until she found it and Harry was impressed with the way it came out to look. It was the lovliest, shiniest ring with his and Louis' initials engraved on the inside. He was sure Louis would like it, even if it was a little bit cheesy. Eleanor informed him about the carats of gold the ring held and they kept on talking for a few minutes until Harry was running late.

"It was really nice to meet you, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you at first, my shift is ending and I had a tough day, my mind is all over the place." She exclaimed shyly.

"Don't even worry, Eleanor, it was nice to meet you too." Harry said, secretly glad that she wasn't a fan, otherwise his secret would be out before he would like it to be.

"Well, Harry, good luck, I'm sure your man is going to love it."

"Thank you." He said, but thought for a moment. "Wait, your shift ended, right? I know you may find it weird, but my friends won't take this seriously if I ask them to help me with organising the whole thing. Would you like to help me?" He didn't even know why he found that a good idea, but Eleanor seemed like a great person and he could use her help.

"Oh." She seemed thoughtful. "Of course, let me just grab my things and leave the nametag."

...

It took them almost two and a half hours to finish organizing the whole thing, but it seemed perfect. Eleanor was the best, she helped him think about anything and they dreamly decorated their house. He actually got to know her more and he knew he had also gained a new friend. They checked the time and Louis would be arriving soon, so Eleanor announced she was leaving.

"Your help meant the world, El. I'm so glad I met you. I could never thank you enough for this." Harry told her and pulled her into a friendly hug.

She smiled widely, "You're welcome, Harry. I'm glad I could help you out. Don't forget to call me, okay? I wish you the best." She pulled back just as the doorbell rang. Harry had stolen Louis' keys on purpose and he was now shaking.