Chapter 4

It had been a month and a half since Eleanor had started working as an intern at the hospital. Except for the constant work she had to do, she had started noting Harry visiting her boss a lot. They greeted each other a few times and it made her feel bad, because Harry was always a sweetheart. When she did question him about the constant visits, he only said that Dr. Evan's was his friend.

She wasn't convinced.

After a lot of searching around in her boss's office, she finally found a folder with the name "Harry Edward Styles" on it. She knew he was hiding something. She also knew she was being nosey, but she couldn't help it. Plus, she was genuinely worried there was something wrong with him. Just when she was about to read the inside of the folder, he heard the door handle jiggle. She placed it under her uniform and the door opened, revealing Dr. Evans.

"Mrs. Calder? What are you even doing in my office?" Dr. Evans asked surprised.

"Oh-Uhm, I was actually waiting for you. I wanted to ask you something." She quickly lied, taking time to make something up.

"Well, what is it, Mrs. Calder?" He said, rounding his desk and sitting down on his chest.

"I was wondering if I could take the rest of the day off. I feel kind of dizzy and my stomach really hurts."

"Have you eaten today?" He questioned sternly.

"Yeah, something probably disagreed with my stomach, I'mpretty sure I'll be okay by tomorrow." She was impressed by her own lying skill.

"You can go, make sure to check yourself out before you leave. Your college needs the exact hours of you working here." He said and she nodded.

"Thank you, Dr. Evans." She smiled at him and even dare to lean down for a quick, thankful hug. It made him laugh and shake his head in disbelief.

On her way home, her head was spinning. How was she supposed to tell Louis she stole Harry's folder from the hospital? What was even wrong with Harry? She definitely had no right to read those files, but she was mostly doing it for Louis. He still cared about Harry and he deserved to know if there was indeed something wrong.

What she wasn't expecting was to get back home to find all of the boys sprawled out on the couches. Harry, Zayn and Niall on one, Louis and Liam across from them.

"Hello, El!" Liam, Zayn, Niall and Harry greeted in unison whereas Louis stood up and kissed her. She could taste and smell the alcohol and she pushed Louis away gently.

"Ew, you smell like beer, Lou." She schrunched up her nose, though she was smiling.

"I'm sorry." He pouted and she gave him a closed-mouth kiss which made him smile again."I thought your shift was until five today?" He said.

"I needed to talk to you about something."

"Can it wait until after the boys leave?" He asked, caressing her cheek with his fingers.

"Of course." She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm going to take a shower first anyway."

...

A few hours later the boys were gone and Eleanor had a serious expression on her face, a big envelope in her hands, as she sat across from Louis at the kitchen table.

"What is this, El?" He asked curiously, eyeing the object carefully.

"Look, I found something at the hospital and I decided that you deserve to know the truth, because it is about one of your friends, but I want you to stay calm. I haven't read it yet, because I wanted to open it together and-"

"Eleanor, just tell me."

"It's about Harry, okay? He has visited the hospital a few times already and I was worried." She said and Louis felt like his heart was beating faster at that moment. He grabbed the folder and quickly pulled out all of the files that it held.

Harry Edward Styles

-Test Results

-Monthly Appointments

-Medicine"

Neut%
Lymp%
Mono%
RBC

Checked for:
STDs: x
Blood Pressure: x

Louis kept on reading things he barely understood. Harry was tested for a lot of things, but they only think that had a tick instead of an x was the last one.

Pregnancy.

That was impossible. He looked at Eleanor and she was looking back at him with wide eyes and her mouth had hit the floor. Harry was pregnant. Harry was fucking pregnant. Three fucking months and a half along. Louis gulped and let down the papers, his hands shaking. What even was that?

Eleanor read the rest of the papers and explained to Louis that Harry was taking some pills to produce hormones, but he had a healthy pregnancy nonetheless. Louis was lost once again. Was Harry really pregnant? Why would he hide it? Did the boys know? Questions were running back and forth through his mind and he shook his head, grabbing the envelope and after placing all of the papers in, he got up.

"Where are you going?" Eleanor asked, puzzled, but he pecked her lips quickly before responding.

"I'll be back soon. I love you." With that, he was out of the door and on his way to find out about the things that were being kept a secret from him.

___

This chapter is edited.
05/11/2020

So Louis found out,ha?

Comment&Vote! Feedback is always kindly accepted and highly needed.